Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different username/password on phpbb & Coppermine?  (Read 3351 times)

spiderweb

• Coppermine newbie
Different username/password on phpbb & Coppermine?
« on: February 17, 2006, 06:32:32 am »

Am about to integrate Coppermine with phpbb, have different usernames & passwords for each, if I log into phpbb with my phpbb password will it take me to Coppermine.
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 08:27:23 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Different username/password on phpbb & Coppermine?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 07:04:31 am »

If you go to your forum's page and log in, how is the page suppossed to "know" that you actually want to go to your gallery? So unless you add a link to phpBB's navigation, the answer is "no, it won't take you to your gallery just after logging in". It's a different story though if you actually are on your coppermine gallery page and click the login link - you're then being sent to your forum's login page, you log in there and after successfull login, you're taken back to your coppermine gallery page if your forum supports redirect after login (afaik phpBB does). However, this is a feature that needs to be supported by your BBS, it's not exactly a coppermine feature.
After successfully bridging coppermine and phpBB, you won't have different usernames and passwords for the two apps, but only one of them (the one from your BBS persists, the user management of coppermine is being dropped in favour of the user management of your BBS) - that's the whole thing about bridging there is: your users won't have to memroize two different accounts and log in twice on your page, you have a seamless user experience.
Please read the docs for details, this is all being explained there.

spiderweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 08:25:51 am »

Sorry, should have expressed my question a little better, if after logging into my phpbb forum and doing what I have to do, then wanted to log into Coppermine would I have to use my Coppermine username/password to log into Coppermine. I now understand now. Thanks.

jerx

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 10:33:26 am »

No, after bridging you must use phpbb usernames and passwords on your coppermine gallery, too.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 12:19:25 pm »

You don't login to them seperately, if you are logged into phpbb and then go to coppermine you are recognised straight away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.