Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange permissions behavior with SMF bridge?  (Read 3336 times)

netpat

• Coppermine newbie
Strange permissions behavior with SMF bridge?
« on: February 15, 2006, 09:13:57 pm »

I am using CPG 1.43 and SMF 1.1 RC2.

I want uploads from new users to be approved first and therefore I have set the "registered" and the "new user" group to approve (public and personal) and for all other groups I switched the approved feature off. The result is, that cpg is only doing what is configured in the "registered" group = all uploads have to be approved. I am sure, that the user is member of the "new user" group and I did tried several user accounts. When I switch off the approving under the "registered" group, then the users can upload without approving. Does somebody have a hint for me?

Another short question: why I have to enable Public Upload too, that personal upload is possible? If I don't do that, the upload menu-item is not there.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Strange permissions behavior with SMF bridge?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:37:12 am »

1) One question per thread
2) All users belong to the "registered group", that's why
3) Please read the docs before asking particular questions

netpat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 11:14:29 am »

Thank you for your answer.

1) ok
2) How is it possible that somebody could be a member of "new user" group and not to be in the "registered group"? Or do you say that with the SMF bridge I can only make a difference between guests and registered users? In another message you wrote that if a user is member of multiple groups, the group with the least permission will be taken, but in my case this is not working
3) I did that

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 04:37:44 pm »

I'm not clear what the problem is. When a user is in multiple groups the least restrictive permissions are used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.