Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3 - no ecard  (Read 13749 times)

BradB

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3 - no ecard
« on: February 14, 2006, 06:42:38 am »

Earlier today I sent an ecard when I had the system running 1.2.1 and just tonight I upgraded to 1.4.3.  Now the Ecard feature no longer works. 

To be completely honest I remember having issues with this before with 1.2.1, but I think I made a change in the mailer.inc.php file to get it going before.  Unfortunately I deleted my backup files once I saw the album was basically working and before I checked the Ecard.  I'm sure I would have seen a change in the file of some sort.  I'm just hoping that rings a bell to someone.

Thanks for any and all help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:00:30 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upgrading from 1.2.1 to 1.4.3 - no ecard
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 08:00:25 am »

Instead of editing mailer.inc.php, switching from sendmail to SMTP is now a config option, see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#smtp and http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_email
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 08:59:13 am by GauGau »

BradB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 12:04:53 pm »

Thanks for the response. 

I've tried that and I've used both the internal SMTP email accounts as well as an external account, but niether has worked.  I even tried the "trick" that I saw on this board that said you needed to preview the card before sending, but that didn't do any good.

I'm going to go through the manual one more time to see if I'm missing a setting or something that may or may not allow ecards to the masses, but I know I just sent an ecard yesterday morning with the old version (1.2.1) without any issues.  That's what bugs me.

BradB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 01:29:18 pm »

I've put int he values my host company told me to but it still doesn't work.  Is there any debug information I could aquire that would help diagnose this issue?

BradB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 02:40:58 pm »

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I'm working hard to solve this myself and keep coming up with other thoughts and clues.

I just figured out that the registration process isn't working either.  Well, let's put it this way, a person trying to register never gets the confirmation email.

Was something changed between these two versions on the basic email operation that I need to modify?  I'm guessing one change fixes both issues.  I'm having my hosting service look into it also.  Although since verythjing worked before the upgrade I'm not optimistic they'll see anything on their side.

Thanks!

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 02:43:28 pm »

If you can PM me a link and admin account details I can try entering my SMTP details and see if that works.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 05:25:39 pm »

Details received, ecards work fine when sent via my SMTP server. Check the details you have been given using an email client or telnet.

BradB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 07:17:53 pm »

Here's what I've learned from my hosting service.

I can use the SMTP host on that server, but the email addresses must match between the infiormation in the configuration parameters and what is typed in the input fields.  Obviously different people might be sending ecards so I'm not sure how well that would work.  I did confirm that if I made the field entry email address the same as the configuration the ecard was sent.

They said they shutdown sendmail (don't know when) because of spamming which makes sense to me.  Although I did send them a message head from last month when I had sent myself an ecard and it obviously didn't use a special SMTP host.

id 51ac_62d44bb2_8929_11da_828f_0002b3e6fdb0;
   Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:24:14 -0500 (EST)
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
   by web3.0web-hosting.com (8.13.1/8.13.1) with SMTP id k0JK4Jjk002912

Am I the only person that has run into this situation?  If not how have others went around this?

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 07:35:38 pm »

If it works with a specific email address only then you can hardcode that in include/mailer.inc.php

Code: [Select]
$mail->From = $sender_email;
$mail->From = "name@domain.tld";

BradB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 07:49:13 pm »

Probably belongs in another area, but after what I've learned over the past 24 hours what might be nice is to make it so that when  people type their Name and Email address (the from information) it would use that as the "reply to" field rather than the "from" email parameter.  That way you could "mask" what I'm going to have to do and a person could still reply to the person that sent the ecard.  Maybe that could be placed in the email configuration somewhere???

This is a great program regardles of my frustration over this issue.  And I have what I think will be a work around, it may just mean people replying to an email account I don't want them to reply to.

Thanks again for everything!

BradB

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 07:55:10 pm »

Ok then

$mail->AddReplyTo($sender_email, $sender_name);

BradB

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 12:25:57 am »

Close this topic ..... I was able to use the workaround that was given to me and it seems to work pretty well.  What a great group of online support people ;D  Very cool software with people who make a difference..... Thank you!

adnanrana

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 12:54:03 pm »

If it works with a specific email address only then you can hardcode that in include/mailer.inc.php

$mail->From = $sender_email;

This helped fixed my problem with sending ecards.  My web host doesn't allow relaying, so emails couldn't be sent from users' hotmail/yahoo/etc email accounts.

kdpvijay

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 07:29:16 pm »

I am also experiencing similar issue. I have upgraded my coppermine from 1.4.10 to 1.4.19 and i am unable to send E-mails or E-cards. Please advise me.

Gallery: http://kadapa.info/gallery/index.php
Thanks in advance for all the great help.

Earlier today I sent an ecard when I had the system running 1.2.1 and just tonight I upgraded to 1.4.3.  Now the Ecard feature no longer works. 

To be completely honest I remember having issues with this before with 1.2.1, but I think I made a change in the mailer.inc.php file to get it going before.  Unfortunately I deleted my backup files once I saw the album was basically working and before I checked the Ecard.  I'm sure I would have seen a change in the file of some sort.  I'm just hoping that rings a bell to someone.

Thanks for any and all help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 11:09:28 am »

You already have another identical open thread. Locking. Don't double-post nor cross-post!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.