Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine-scripts and picture folder on 2 different webservers  (Read 2804 times)

blackrockcity

• Coppermine newbie
Coppermine-scripts and picture folder on 2 different webservers
« on: February 13, 2006, 11:13:37 am »

Hi @ all,

I have the following situation:

A good friend of mine owns webspace for DOMAIN1.COM and has a SMF Forum on his site (since about a year, 30 users).
I own webspace for DOMAIN2.COM and want coppermine run on it.
We cannot use just 1 webspace because there is too less space then...

I would like to use the user informations from DOMAIN1/SMF on my website for my picture gallery (DOMAIN2/COPPERMINE). I tried the bridge tool (inclueded in coppermine) to connect zu the user-database on DOMAIN1...but this doesn't seem to work...

My idea was to put the coppermine-scripts on DOMAIN1 webspace (the SMF user integration should work then) and link the picture-folder of coppermine to DOMAIN2...is this possible..?
The most important question: When I use my webspace to store the pictures, I have to set write permissions to this folder. How dangerous ist this?
Is it possible to tell coppermine to use a folder outside the website it is installed on?

What do you guys think of this solution? Any other suggestions to solve my prob?

THXXXXX

John

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine-scripts and picture folder on 2 different webservers
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 05:41:08 pm »

both options are not available: you can't store pics remotely (has been asked a million times already, searching before posting would have told you so), and you can't bridge bbs and coppermine across domains. Means: get more webspace on on the server for domain1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.