Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Resize on Upload  (Read 3833 times)

wjsparky

• Coppermine newbie
Auto Resize on Upload
« on: February 13, 2006, 09:58:28 am »

Hello

I am posting for a confirmation on what this new feature should achieve. I'm asssuming that when an image is uploaded that has dimensions larger than the "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" setting it is automatically resized to what that setting is and the original size image is deleted, effectively saving on server space.

So for example I have the following settings:

• "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" set to 640,
  • "Use dimension ( width or height or Max aspect for thumbnail )" set to Max Aspect
  • "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height set to Yes:Everyone
  • "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" set to 2048
  • "Max size for uploaded files (KB)" set to 2048

I am uploading a file which is within the max pixel and size settings but well over the intermediate setting. The file uploads correctly and I can assign and view it within an album. However when I view the image in an album I am still able to click for the full size image with is basically the original size image. Checking via ftp also confirms that the original size image is still on the server in addition to the intermediate image.

I have followed the troubleshooting guide and can post the debug info if required.

Many thanks for any help on this

Wjsparky
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:27:21 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Auto Resize on Upload
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 10:06:30 am »

set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to 640 as well if that's the max size you want to have.

I have followed the troubleshooting guide and can post the debug info if required.
Re-read it - we do not want debug_ouput to be posted. The section clearly says what we actually need to help.

wjsparky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:14:10 am »

Hi GauGau

Thanks for your quick response. I just really want to know whether this is the normal function for this new feature? I'm not having an upload problem as such but am just wondering whether the image should be resized and the original deleted?

I can set the "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to 640 however was hoping for the resizing of images to be able to be done on the server as opposed to on my client machine.

Many Thanks

Wjsparky

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 10:15:28 am »

did you try the setting I suggested? Should clarify your question.

wjsparky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 10:24:17 am »

Sorry, I had assumed that setting would throw up an error if the size was larger than it and that auto resizing was based on the "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" setting.

Many thanks for your help GauGau

joeljkp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 02:04:55 am »

This doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have  "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" set to 1024, and " Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" to "Yes: Everyone".

I batch add a set of 1600x1200 pictures without error, but when I view the album, the originals are still 1600x1200. No resizing has taken place.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 06:50:40 am »

set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to 640 as well if that's the max size you want to have.
In your case, set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to 1024 as well.

joeljkp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 05:19:24 pm »

In your case, set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to 1024 as well.

Yeah, I did that (read my post again), but it's not working as it should.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 06:15:40 pm »

k, sorry for not reading your posting more thoroughly. Please do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs for a start, I would like to see this for myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.