Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subcatagory and album thumbnail  (Read 4704 times)

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
Subcatagory and album thumbnail
« on: February 12, 2006, 07:10:23 am »

Is there any way to display the album thumbnail under a Subcatagory?  I know there is a radio button for yes/no to show under Catagory, but I'm looking for a way to do this for Subcatagory.

Fabrian

Re: Subcatagory and album thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:41:06 am »

Bump :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 09:27:46 am »

not sure what the question is. Post a screenshot, highlighting what you want. Post a link to your page as well.

Fabrian

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 01:34:41 am »

Let me try explaining one more time (my domain is private).

In config, if you chose to display first level albums, you can see the album thumbnails under a catagory.  If you have a subcatagory under a main catagory, the subcatagory will not display the album thumbnails within it (I want it to).  Basically, I can't seem to get album thumbnails to be displayed under a subcatagory, only catagories.  I'd like to see album thumbs under subcatagories as well.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 01:43:22 am by Fabrian »

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 09:41:29 pm »

Sorry to bring this old thread back, but this is the exact same question I have.  I'd like to show thumbnails for sub-catagories.  I'm running 1.4.6 stable. 

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 09:53:59 pm »

(http://xs413.xs.to/xs413/07116/cpgquestion.jpg)

To explain a little more.  I have about 40 albums in the sub-catagory Carys Year 1.  I'd like to show a row of albums with thumbnails.  My site is a family photo album, which has grown to over 10K photos, so sub-catagories are now a must.  The problem is when I put everything in a respective catagory then sub catagory, then you can't see any thumbnails on the main page.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 02:51:01 pm »

Known issue: there are no thumbnails for the user galleries section.

I'm running 1.4.6 stable. 
It's absolutely mandatory to upgrade to the most recent stable release (currently cpg1.4.10)!

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 07:58:26 pm »

I'll upgrade, but I sure hope you mean that this is an issue that is resolved in 1.4.10.

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 08:34:03 pm »

I'm truly sorry for the double posting, but I can't seem to find an edit feature. 

I'm backing up the required info to upgrade, but to be honest this is a pain the butt.  I run 2 galleries on different domains, one for my family and one for my wifes.  Together I'm having to backup about 4.2 gigs of pictures in the album folders.  Which raises a bunch of questions which are probably more appropriate for another thread.  However I will say I hope that the newer version doesn't require a complete backup of images to upgrade. 

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 09:36:28 pm »

I upgraded one of my sites, but this hasn't fixed the issue. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 07:34:26 am »

Post a link.

ss3vegeta

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 02:46:46 pm »

Posting a link wouldn’t do much good I’m afraid.  The directory for the gallery is password protected (htaccess), the registration is upon admin authorization only.  I have promised the people of my family that I would do everything possible to protect there privacy.  Most people do not want pictures of there family/children on the internet unless there are definite and permanent protections in place.  If I were to remove the htacces, open registration and then post a link to the site I would violate the trust and confidence of those who participate in my community.  I’m sure you can appreciate the situation, after all coppermine is designed with the ability to close registration and force admin approval. 

If you truly require that I show you via a link to a website I can install on a completely new domain if you like.  The problem however is exactly the same as mentioned above.  This is a screen cap that shows after the upgrade and using the default theme. 

(http://xs413.xs.to/xs413/07121/cpgq2.jpg)

The problem is still the same, Carys is a category, Carys year 1 is a sub-category.  The problem is when there is more than a single level you cannot view thumbnails for the albums.  (There are no thumbnails or even a list for subcategories, without going into the category).  I would like to re-organize the entire site so that all albums will be in subcategories.  When I do this the main page no longer shows any thumbnails, only hypertext links, which is very ugly and not user friendly. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.