Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Korean language support problems  (Read 12529 times)

Noodnik

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Korean language support problems
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 03:12:21 am »

Hi Nibbler

At your suggestion I renamed the korean.php file to k.php. As soon as I did the the machine that was getting a blank home page saw it rendered in English. I'll restore the name now to the original. OK, I've done that and to the problematic browser it's still served up in English (ie not blank and not in K) Not sure what to make of that? Where that browser had 'korean' value in the lang setting, it now has 'english'...and the admin page is in eng (prev it was fully rendered in K).

As far as what you mentioned about the lang setting on the config page, do I understand you to mean that the lang setting there is somehow influenced by the browser's lang setting? If so isnt' that kind of strange? I mean regardless of the browser that I'm using to view the config page, I want to instruct coppermine to use language X for menus etc.

I don't really understand the basis here. If coppermine is set to use K for menus, does that mean coppermine will use K if K is supported by the user's browser (on the ordinary site pages, forget the admin sections) and if K lang not supported by browser, fall back to Eng (if configed that way)? That makes sense but, but because it reports a diff setting with diff browsers, I'm not sure that it's what is acutally happening or intended.

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 03:30:36 am by Noodnik »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 08:49:58 am »

OK, look: cpg1.4.3 comes with support for some languages. Korean is not among the languages on this list. If you need korean, either downgrade to cpg1.3.5 (where there is a korean language file), or make your korean buddy translate the cpg1.4.3 English language file into korean. The language fallback may work for some and may not work for others...
Both Nibbler and I get Korean displayed just fine both in IE and FF, so imo it's something on the end of the user. This discussion is leading nowhere. Instead of nagging all over the place, make your korean buddy post his browser version, service pack level and encoding settings for a start. Other things that might have an impact are security apps like "Norton Internet Security" on the client or personal firewall apps that are improperly configured. There are many things that could cause the white screen. What else could I say? What do you expect us to do? Should I get a flight to Korea and try to fix the issues there? If yes, please send me $5,000 to cover the costs. If this is too expensive for you, you might hire someone to actually come up with a cpg1.4.x language file for korean if your Korean buddy doesn't speak English good enough to do the translation.

Noodnik

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2006, 06:00:37 pm »

The only reason I had to nag about this is that you were answering questions I was not asking and mostly ignoring the ones I was asking. Still are.

Nibbler's test was a good one, I hope he can make something out of it.

Noodnik

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2006, 04:21:51 am »

Nibbler, the test I made, does it tell you anything?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.