Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Album can be viewed by" info incorrect after bridging  (Read 4760 times)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
"Album can be viewed by" info incorrect after bridging
« on: February 11, 2006, 05:48:36 am »

I went to check a private album that I had assigned to a group before bridging. After bridging, the group didn't exist, so I went to change the assigned group to one that existed in Group Manager. My heart nearly stopped when I saw that the album I thought was private said: Album can be viewed by Everybody.

I checked the album as a guest in a different browser and was relieved to see that the album was still private... except it wasn't reflected in album properties.

Is this something that could/should be fixed?

Nibbler

Re: "Album can be viewed by" info incorrect after bridging
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 04:40:05 pm »

There is no way that the info can be made 'correct' if the group that has access no longer exists. The album will be visible only to the admin until the setting is corrected. It only says that it is viewable to everyone because none of the options in the <select> are preselected and 'everyone' is the first item in the list. Maybe a visibility checker could be built into the group sync code, but this would need to be a 1.5 addition.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 04:49:30 pm »

I see. Well, my private photos weren't too shocking, just personal. I'm afraid someone could knock a few hours or days off their life when they saw what I saw in Album Properties but had more revealing photos than I did. :o

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 04:53:43 pm »

Maybe this explanation could be added to: 5.2.3 Coppermine users, groups and pics uploaded by users are lost when integrating to give people a heads-up?

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 04:56:21 pm »

If you delete normal coppermine groups in an unbridged gallery then you hit the same issue, there is no adjustment of album visibility there either so it's not really a bridging issue atall.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.