Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permission question for full guest access, restricted registration  (Read 3703 times)

lizarddoctor

• Coppermine newbie

Good Morning,

I have just set up a fresh coppermine to complement my website, but I can't seem to get the configuration and permissions to work correctly.  First, I did set all the guest permissions to allow for use except private gallery.  I want guests to be able to upload pics only to the categories I built for review and am not allowing for registered users.  A lot of people using the board are Expats that may only be in Vietnam a short time and I wanted it to be fast and useful to anybody.

I did go to the docs first and found:
----------------------------------
When "visitors can upload file" is set to YES, it is possible for them to upload files into albums by enabling this permission.

Note that only visitors who are members of a group for which the setting "Can upload pictures" is set to YES. Members not in the permitted group will not be able to upload files into such an album. Non-registered users are members of the "Anonymous" group.

The same rules as above apply for "Visitors can post comments" and "Visitors can rate files".
----------------------------------

There is absolutely no "visitors can upload file" option in my config panel!!!!!!!!  I cannot assign albums to guests in the group panel even though I have set all accesses to yes there too.  Hitting the button to rename the group to anonymous still results in a guest label after accepting modification.

Where is the "visitors can upload file" option so I can publish this gallery soon?

the link is www.saigonesl.com/cpg143/index.php

Thank you for any assistance...

ld
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 09:57:46 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Permission question for full guest access, restricted registration
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 09:08:22 am »

you shouldn't have disabled "http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_picture_thumb_advanced_private_toggle" in coppermine's config. Re-enable it.
Uploads don't go into categories, they go into albums btw. Reading the coppermine documentation is strongly suggested.

lizarddoctor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 09:32:43 am »

I didn't disable it.  I am reading it right now from my admin account.  I wasn't looking for a spoon feed here, but really, I already set the group options for guest to have upload permissions and it didn't work.  I tried to reset the name of guest to anonymous, it doesn't stick.  I looked in the config and docs and the answer wasn't there in black and white (aka in the config panel like a 'see album properties'.  I am not a net newbie, but what's wrong with just saying 'look in the album properties' rather than than read the book.  I am reading the book and have been for days just got stuck and found it myself just a minute.  You know just as well as I do that if you look at the same programming for 3-4 days in a row, sometimes the answer just doesn't jump out.  I know uploads go into albums and not categories.  Pretty sad state of affairs here if the moderators need to tell me to read the book instead of putting 5 simple words -> 'look in the album properties' that would be much more helpful.

Sorry for the rant, but that is a pretty disappointing answer from a support forum.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 09:41:49 am »

can't fully replicate your issue, seems I was able to upload just fine as a guest (although admin approval keeps me from seing it). If you have issues with uploading, do as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

Thanks for ranting, I really feel better when being shouted at while doing free support. Let's not call this "free support" anymore - how can I send you money? I like begging for support and even paying for being allowed to. ::)

lizarddoctor

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 09:52:28 am »

lol, your my kind of techie :)  I do a lot of web support also among other things, but this is the first time I have run any photo gallery like this.  You only got in to put that test photo because I am modifying the album properties right now.  I did disable the thumbnails to the albums before and that is probably what caused my blindness in the first place.  Thanks for the test photo.  I was about to log out and try it, but it popped up as soon as I went to the home page.

All photos will have to be allowed by me so I can check for content and credits first.  I am living in Vietnam and I have to be quite careful because of a lot of cummunist regulations to what can be displayed if I want to stay here.  I may be pushing a bit with the Vietnam War catergory as it is a bit taboo to touch the subject here from a western perspective, but it is something I wanted to do for a while.

Again, sorry for the rant before...but what kind of support can I beg to offer in return?   ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.