Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing FAQS  (Read 2234 times)

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
Changing FAQS
« on: February 10, 2006, 02:10:05 am »

I searched on this and while I did find a few posts with similiar questions, they were unanswered.

I know where to change the FAQ text and I know about using the special symbols to display apostrophe's & quotes.
What I'm not sure on are the extra bits in the arrays and how they work?

allow_user_registration
allow_private_albums

followed by either a 1 or a 0.

I have a hazy understanding that these options are related to the choices made in Config settings, and that the particular Q/A will either display or not display depending on that setting and whether it is marked in the file as a 1 or a 0?

For the questions/answers where I just want to re-write the text, I wouln't worry about these additional strings, I'd just leave them as is. But, for new questions/answers I want to add, I don't know what I need to write for the additional string, if anything. (I am allowing user registrations, I am not allowing private albums.)

I customized the FAQS on my forum and that was a piece o' cake; getting it done on my Gallery is the last big thing I need to do, so, as always, help appreciated and thankyou,

C

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Changing FAQS
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 09:20:28 am »

allow_user_registration, 1
reads
Code: [Select]
if ($CONFIG['allow_user_registration'] == '1') {
    // display the FAQ entry
}
In other words: the first parameter determines what config pattern will be checked, the second parameter determines what value it should be set to to match.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.