Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload files from an outside website  (Read 4319 times)

vegascoug

• Coppermine regular visitor
Upload files from an outside website
« on: February 10, 2006, 12:41:17 am »

I have a customer is runs a craft site, and she has set up an album for a Design Team Call (applications for those that want to be on her design team).

She has posted an add on a site called scrapsubmit.com, and there once you are logged in you have the option to click multiple businesses/sites at once and it will upload your picture(s) to that site's gallery.

Is there a way I can have that site add my customers album she has set up all allow access from a massive group submit like this with Coppermine?

Am I making any sense?

If you want to see what I am talking about, go to scrapsubmit.com

To login use Email ID joe@gotesting.com with join123 as the password.  Once logged in, on the right hand side you'll see a link under Member Links to 1. Submit a Creation

Click on that and you will see what I am talking about.  My customer wants to add her user gallery (www.mermaidtears.com/user_gallery) to that list of submissions.

Thanks

Nibbler

Re: Upload files from an outside website
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 12:48:58 am »

It's technically possible, whether they will do it or not depends on them.

vegascoug

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 12:51:56 am »

How would I find out how it's possible.

Is there a lot of work on my end, or there end?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 12:52:37 am »

The page you're refering to doesn't use coppermine, how are we suppossed to know how it works or what is possible using it?

vegascoug

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 12:55:56 am »

The page I am referring to is www.mermaidtears.net/user_gallery

It is using Coppermine.  I am asking if there is a way to set up a link or a script to upload pics to this gallery from another website.  How they do it on that end isn't my issue, I wanted to know if it's possible within Coppermine, the gallery I am using.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 12:58:17 am »

I already told you that it is possible.

vegascoug

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 01:03:34 am »

Great, but that really doesn't help me much.

I know it's possible to land on the moon, but that really doesn't help me do it.

I thought the term Support Forum might be a place I can go to and find some help as to what I need to do.  Letting me know "it's possible" doesn't do me jack sh!t.

I was only asking how to go about that, but I guess that ISN'T possible, at least not in this forum!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 01:09:36 am »

OK, detailed answer: it's possible to code what you're trying to accomplish, however we will not code it for you, as doing this isn't trivial and we're not your unpaid coding slaves. We're unpaid volunteers, we give support where we like, and we refuse to support in other cases. If you need it that badly, code it yourself or hire someone to code it. Review your attitude, and watch your language >:(

If you ask the NASA that you want to land on the moon, they'll tell you the same: it's possible, but they won't build a spaceship for you!

vegascoug

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 01:13:07 am »

No, but that answer could have been first, and all problems would have been solved.

Sometimes the people that "know" don't care to help those that don't, and I have gotten a higher than mighty attitude on this forum more than once, so I am just tired of it.

All I wanted was a little more detail.  Now that I have that answer, I completely understand and that's what I thought.

When I was told "it's possible" I wasn't sure if the rocket had already been built for me and was part of Coppermine, or if it was somethign outside that realm and I was on my own.

Got it, just looking for a little more help other than "it's possible" and then "I already told you it's possible".

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 01:14:58 am »

You've had 3 questions answered quickly and correctly in the past 2 hours, please try to be a little more appreciative of the support here.

You don't need to do anthing on your end other than to give them an account. What they need to do is a simple form post to your gallery's db_input.php. If you show them your single file upload page then they will be able to see how to do it.

Since I already typed this out I will post it away, even after reading your latest post.

vegascoug

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 01:21:58 am »

Thank you!

I am VERY appreciative, I guess I just took your original comments the wrong way, sorry for being another name for a donkey (trying to watch my language)

I have someone pushing me for answers and I don't have them, and I was getting frustrated by the answers I was getting.

It's a free product (great one at that) and free support, so I shouldn't have to compain about the support I get.  Sorry (I mean that)  I can't complain for having to pay too much ;)

It's been said you get what you pay for, but in the case of Coppermine I think you get a lot out of nothing (paying).

Again, sorry, just frustrated and took the comments the wrong way.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.