Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to grant permissions to all users for batch and web publising?  (Read 4916 times)

RockTheRoad

• Coppermine newbie

I've just installed CPG 1.43... It looks great, nice improvements from 1.3x...

But i have several questions regarding premissions. I've installed this on Apache/Win32 platform, and I have problem with batch upload with browsable interface. My path is

Code: [Select]
/C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\forum\gallery\albums/
I dont know how to get rid of that "/" in front? I guess that is reason why I don't se anything.

Second problem is with presmissions. I use coppermine in closed user group. Users are integrated thorugh SMF 1.1RC2. I would like to grant to everybody Batch upload and WebPublisher (with public album creation) rights. Currently only admin can do that. I trust enough to all users to let them use that options, but I dont like idea of setting them admin rights on forum and for other settings of CPG.

Anybody has idea?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 12:00:35 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: How to grant permissions to all users for batch and web publising?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 02:42:13 pm »

Giving someone batch add ability is more dangerous than giving them an admin account, which is why it is not an option. If the browsable batch add does not work then use the classic version by using the option on the batch add page.  Please try to keep to the 1 question per thread rule.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 06:16:28 pm »

Avoid spaces in folder names like the plague. Self-hosting isn't recommended, especially on Windows-boxes.

RockTheRoad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 06:28:07 pm »

Avoid spaces in folder names like the plague. Self-hosting isn't recommended, especially on Windows-boxes.

I've changed path to another drive in root, so spaces are not problem anymore.

Also I've made modification to grant anyone admin rights to use Web Publishing Wizard and create public albums.

Just add on begin of xp_publish.php theese lines:

Code: [Select]
define('USER_IS_ADMIN', true);
define('USER_CAN_CREATE_ALBUMS', true);

But, use it only if you have closed trusted users group, which won't spam your public folders. My server is on local network, it's not exposed to internet, so I can afford this security risk...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 07:21:01 pm »

Also I've made modification to grant anyone admin rights to use Web Publishing Wizard and create public albums.
Even if you trust your users, don't do this. Really, you mustn't! Under no circumstances.

RockTheRoad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 08:06:54 pm »

Even if you trust your users, don't do this. Really, you mustn't! Under no circumstances.

I undstand your concerns... but just to clear up situation here... We have currently all pictures on shared folders in intranet WAN environement, and everyone has right to r/w.

Coppermine helps us to have more advanced  browsing trough folders, with thumb previews, comments and ratings... instead of using shares... and having in mind security risk of this customization, it's more secure than with shares :)

Anyway, it's good to point out that this customization is not for internet use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 19 queries.