Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridged: cpg1.4.2 & phpBB-2.0.19. Recieve: 412 Precondition Failed Error  (Read 6761 times)

ultravibe2001

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I bridged: cpg1.4.2 & phpBB-2.0.19.  The bridge appears to work fine when logging into the forum and then going to the gallery.  However when I try to login from the gallery I receive a 412 Precondition Failed Error.  The URL that is being referenced which I am pretty sure is correct is below:

http://www.vallance.net/bb/login.php?redirect=../gallery/

the Error:

412 Precondition Error
The precondition on the request for the URL /bb/login.php evaluated to false.

I figured it had to do with the redirect and my hosting server not liking something about it so I checked with them first.

I was told:
"The server will stop any script that refers to a file with '../' in the path, as it is incredibly insecure. That type of path is not allowable on most servers out there with any security installed. omar"

Short of changing hosting companies looks like I am stuck... Is there anyway to have the redirect be the full path using the bridge manager or would I have to physicaly change the code?  Is this redirect path kept in the DB when using the bridge manager, could I change it in the DB?

Thank you so much for you help!

Kind regards,
David

Nibbler

Re: Bridged: cpg1.4.2 & phpBB-2.0.19. Recieve: 412 Precondition Failed Error
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:42:53 pm »

Redirecting by using a full url is blocked by phpbb's security code, you could modify/remove that but I can't recommend it for obvious reasons. Having a relative path in the url is not a problem in itself - badly written scripts would be the reason for any security issue that could arise. You are the first user to report this issue, so there is no real answer I can give you yet.

ultravibe2001

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Bridged: cpg1.4.2 & phpBB-2.0.19. Recieve: 412 Precondition Failed Error
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 09:19:57 pm »

Hi,

thanks for the quick responses,

I gave the changed code a try and it partially worked (ie no longer had the 412 error) but it did not redirect back to the gallery directory after login.  I'm assuming you already figured that out since that suggested code tweak is no longer in the thread. :-)

I appreaciate your help. Cheers!

Dead J. Dona

• Coppermine novice
  • Yeppie-kaye, mazafaka (c) Bruce Willis
    • Æåíñêèé æóðíàë ÍÀÒÀËÈ
same issue
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:51:59 am »

same issue with slightly different result - i've recieved 500 error after trying to access url with ../ in it.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29377.0

wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

[ot]
I disaprove the use of a Swastika-like symbol as your avatar! If you want support in the future, please find a better one.
[/ot]

Error 500 is an "internal server error", which usually indicates that there's something fishy with your server setup - consult your server logs for details, we have no way to know what is wrong there.

Dead J. Dona

• Coppermine novice
  • Yeppie-kaye, mazafaka (c) Bruce Willis
    • Æåíñêèé æóðíàë ÍÀÒÀËÈ
hate me, i'm not looks like you
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 09:36:11 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

Well I know a little about religious tolerance, but as I can see, you heard nothing about it.
This is an ancient Odolen-Trava symbol first used nearly 2000 years ago. Yoã can google "ancient swastikas" or "swastika history" to slightly open your mind. My avatar has nothing abour Nazi or Hitler symbols. There's a hundred various swastikas with different mystical and religious meaning.

By your way you should ban all stars here, because they was used by Communist regime, that slay and torture far more peoples than Nazi.

I use Odolen-trava more than 5 years and I have a tatoo with it. You can ban every tribal symbols here, but I can't forget my past, my origin and my history. There's a lot of discussions risen about it on various forums in a past, and that's my opinion.

Code: [Select]
The Oldest Known Symbol

The swastika is an ancient symbol that has been used for over 3,000 years. (That even predates the ancient Egyptian symbol, the Ankh!) Artifacts such as pottery and coins from ancient Troy show that the swastika was a commonly used symbol as far back as 1000 BCE.

And after all, I cant remove my avatar here in a forum, I can't find a way to do this.

Back to the topic.
As said my admin he install Mod Secure for Apache that blocks ../ browsing. He can't disable it for security reasons. Is there any way to change relative browsing to absolute?
wbr, Me. Dead J. Dona

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: hate me, i'm not looks like you
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 10:06:15 am »

[ot]
Well I know a little about religious tolerance, but as I can see, you heard nothing about it.
Thanks for the insult. Please lecture me on tolerance. I asked you to remove it from your avatar on this board - I could have done that myself, as I'm the admin around here. Notice the difference?

This is an ancient Odolen-Trava symbol first used nearly 2000 years ago. Yoã can google "ancient swastikas" or "swastika history" to slightly open your mind. My avatar has nothing abour Nazi or Hitler symbols. There's a hundred various swastikas with different mystical and religious meaning.
I'm well aware that the Swastika hasn't been invented by the Nazis, but they chose it as their symbol, so the symbol is being concatenated to Nazism since then. Too bad for all the other, less well-known groups that used to have swastikas as their symbol and made innocent use of it. In fact, the Nazis haven't invented anything they did - there used to be wars before, there used to be anti-semitism before. However, 99% of all people think of Nazism when seing a swastika. That's why having it as an avatar on a board that is available to the general public is not a good idea imo. Have I mentioned that I'm German? Oh, I haven't. My, we even have a law that bans the use of swastikas. The server this board is being run on is located in Germany, so local laws apply.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
From the page you have refered to (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika#Taboo_in_Western_countries):
Because of its use by Hitler and the Nazis and, in modern times, by neo-Nazis and other hate groups, for many people in the West, the swastika is associated primarily with Nazism, and white supremacy in general. Hence, outside historical contexts, it has become taboo in Western countries. For example, the German postwar criminal code makes the public showing of the Hakenkreuz (the swastika) and other Nazi symbols illegal and punishable, except for scholarly reasons.

I use Odolen-trava more than 5 years and I have a tatoo with it.
That's fine, I won't blame you for doing this anywhere else. Show your tattoo, tell people about it wherever you like. Except on this board. Please.

And after all, I cant remove my avatar here in a forum, I can't find a way to do this.
You change/remove it the same way you added it in the first place: click (https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/Themes/default/images/english/profile.gif), then "Forum Profile Information" in the section "Modify Profile" at the left of the screen. Then either choose "nopic" in the section "Personalized Picture", or use any of the other options on the screen.
[/ot]

As said my admin he install Mod Secure for Apache that blocks ../ browsing. He can't disable it for security reasons. Is there any way to change relative browsing to absolute?
No, unless you go through the whole coppermine code and modify hundreds of lines of code manually, you can't. Coppermine is designed to use relative links - makes moving it around on the server or from one server to the other much easier, that's why it was designed that way. Imo your server setup is a bit over-paranoid. Bottom line: if you can't make your server admin change his policy and if you're not inclined to move to another webhost with less restrictive server settings, then coppermine probably is not the right application for you, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.