Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIF animation support  (Read 2855 times)

Terrorist

• Coppermine newbie
GIF animation support
« on: October 01, 2007, 07:12:15 pm »

Hello! I have a problem. When I'm adding gif file to the gallery, I see only the first frame. Is it my problem or CPG doesn't support gif animation? Are you planning to add gif animation support in future versions of CPG? Thanks.

P.S.: Sorry for my English =)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: GIF animation support
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 08:46:32 am »

There is no support on the "feature requests" board. Your question should have gone into the regular support board in the first place. Moving your thread accordingly.
Your question has been asked and answered before, so you should have searched more thoroughly before posting.
The image libraries coppermine is using (ImageMagick or GD) don't support animated GIFs and only take into account the first frame of an animated gif when resizing (i.e. coming up with a thumbnail or intermediate image). So this can not be covered in Coppermine, you'd have to modify the libraries (which you can't). Therefor, what you're requesting simply can not be accomplished. The only option you have is creating the thumbnail in advance (on your client, before you upload) and upload it together with your original file (respecting the naming convention) when using batch-uploads as admin. There is no workaround for http uploads at all.

Are you planning to add gif animation support in future versions of CPG?
No, because we can't. As suggested above, it's not a matter of coppermine code, but a matter of the libraries coppermine uses. As none of the libraries is planning to support animated GIFs, your request is invalid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.