Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album password problem  (Read 2809 times)

seppo

• Coppermine newbie
Album password problem
« on: March 25, 2006, 07:19:06 pm »

As described in the hint,
"you can specify an album to be password-protected (instead of relying on the "regular" group-based permissions). This way, you can even allow access for unlogged users (guests) who you provide the password to."

However, when I define there a password, it chages "Album can be viewed by" to "Me Only" -as laso told in the same hint. But this way the visitors, unlogged users cannot see that album exits or give a password I have difined.. strange logic - these two together renders album password unable-to-use.

As I just few hours ago installed Coppermine, I am propably missing something important. So my main problem is: How I can let site visitors to see certain category, by providing password I have sent to them by email, when entering that album? By config hint the password option there is just for that but my visitors cannot enter the password anywhere nor see the album exits..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:57:44 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album password problem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 07:39:08 pm »

Option 1) Send them a link to the PW-protected album instead of the category that contains albums
Option 2) Let them see the album thumbnail as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_picture_thumb_advanced_private_icon_show

seppo

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Album password problem
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 07:01:46 pm »

Thank you GauGau!  :)

The second option was the kind I was looking for. Just came to my mind while at this, it could be a good in some future release, to have this option separately for each album instead as global one affecting all albums.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 21 queries.