Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No categories, reg-users allowed to upload all/change albums?  (Read 3086 times)

flawfert

• Coppermine newbie
No categories, reg-users allowed to upload all/change albums?
« on: February 06, 2006, 09:47:30 pm »

Hi,
I just installed the newest Coppermine Photo Gallery on my site, read the FAQ several times and looked in all the options but couldn't find it.. ( I don't even know if it's possible)

The site is for me and some people I know.
I want to give them, the registered users, all the permissions to upload new albums or upload pictures into existing albums that they or others created.
There aren't categories, there are just all the albums with dates on the beginpage, I prefere that.

My question:
How do I give the registered users the right to upload new albums or pictures(to existing albums of them or others)  so the albums won't end up in "User galleries/Their_username" but on the beginpage, with a description of the album and such.
I just want to give them the administator function regarding albums/pictures/uploading.

But I DON'T want them to be able to alter or even see the Settings, Groups, Users, Ban users and all the other administator functions.
Is that possible?
Thank you in advance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: No categories, reg-users allowed to upload all/change albums?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 07:26:57 am »

Is that possible?
No, non-admin users can't create albums in public categories (or the root category). No known workaround. Coppermine doesn't have super-user or moderator capabilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.