Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anonymous access not working and requested defaults to be applied ---HELP PLEASE  (Read 7156 times)

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

I upgraded using Fantastico and had the problem I have read others had related to not allowing allow anonymous access. I have also read other replies that state that Fantastico doesn’t work for this upgrade. I wish I had known that before I used it.

While I was trying to force the anonymous option to work, I tried requesting for the defaults to be applied. I guess they were. Now when I tried to login it nolonger recognized me as an authorized user. I am now locked out. Is there anyway out of this problem?

Thanks,

Don Ray
http://www.chiriquichatter.net/coppermine

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery

Have you tried running update.php as described in this thread?

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25027.0
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

Yes, I have run the script. SOmehow Coppermine nolonger recognizes me as an authorized user and I can not sign in to change anything.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

upgrade to cpg1.4.3 using the package we provide, the fantastico install is buggy!

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

How do I get out of the state I am currently in to do the upgrade. I am felling pretty helpless.

Nibbler

Use phpmyadmin to set encrypted passwords to '0' in the prefix_config table in the database you installed Coppermine into.

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

I read what you wrote, but I don't know how to do that.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Do you have phpMyAdmin? Do you have an idea what it is?

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

I have no idea what it is or where to find it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Check the link I posted along with my previous posting ::). Links are usually underlined, the mouse cursor changes when hovering over them.

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

I found phpmyadmin in Cpanel and looked in the database for Coppermine AND FOUND A TABLE CPR_CONFIG, BUT WHEN i LOOK AT THAT TABLE i DON'T SEE ANYTHING RELATED TO PASSWORDS OR RESETTING PASSWORDS.

Sorry for being so low, but this is new to me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

browse the table cpr_users. Backup everything before you start. As you seem to have very little idea about databases, I recommend asking your webhost or another pro for support.

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

I nulled the User password, but I am still locked out.  Is there a way to change the data in the Username and the associated Password?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

what's wrong with requesting a new password using the "forgot password" link on the login screen?

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

I have done that and received a likn to go to. When I execute the link it gives the following:

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: coppermine.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /forgot_passwd.php
3. Error notes: File does not exist: /home/groups/c/co/coppermine/htdocs/forgot_passwd.php
4. Error type: 404
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: key=4f1c32328c76e99dd311b65485441124&id=2
7. Time: 2006-02-10 16:21:25 PST (1139617285)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

1. Contact the project via their designated support resources.
   2. Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a member of the project that maintains this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding the project web service for further assistance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

you haven't set up coppermine's config correctly then in the first place, the "target url" stilll points to sourceforge instead of your actual url. Go to coppermine's config table once more using phpMyAdmin and modify "ecards_more_pic_target" - it must be set to http://www.chiriquichatter.net/coppermine/

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

It was setup correctly before the upgrade to 1.4.2. All of my problems happened when I used the Fantastico system to implement the upgrade.

Now the question is can the upgraded system be salvaged or is it hosed for good? Everything that I have done has either been done through Fantastico or Coppermine itself.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

You can download the installation package from our site and follow the instructions to upgrade your current installation. The latest version is 1.4.3 anyway.

Hopefully that will help it recover from the Fantastico fiasco.

muskogeerabbit

• Coppermine newbie

Ok. I will give it a shot. I looks like there is nothing to lose. If I can get it to 1.4.3 maybe that will be a start.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.