Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: User problems  (Read 3883 times)

DaF

• Coppermine newbie
Re: User problems
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:10:24 pm »

I experienced similar problems when I upgraded from 1.3.2 to 1.4.3 today. The versions page doesn't show any red entries so every basic thing should be ok.

FYI, I remember that I had changed the default installation of 1.2.x or 1.3.x to show the login page as described on the forums about 1-2 years ago. I think that the latest updates overwrote virtually every file so there shouldn't be any remainders of the tweaks.

I didn't change any group or user but two of my groups and two users disappeared from the lists. The other registered users are still there. When I tried to recreate the two groups everything was ok. When I tried to create the two users again I got the error message that they already existed. But I can't find them anywhere nor login using their login data.

What I did after the update was changing the settings so that no guests are allowed and only logged on users can browser the galleries.

Well, I was able to reactivate the two missing user but had to create the groups newly using phpMyAdmin but I still have another problem with user rights which I will ask about in another posting.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards
Daniel

DaF

• Coppermine newbie
Different permissions for different users doesn't work here
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 10:31:58 pm »

I've just updated from 1.3.2 to 1.4.3 and tried to set different rights for for different users. So far all users have been able to access all albums. I'd really prefer a diversion where I can grant a user the right to see a single album or a subset of albums only. This doesn't seem to be possible or how can I achive that? Is there a page or section to specify which users/groups can view a specific album?

My group and album structure is like that:

Group1 (available for all without login)
Group2 (user1 and user2)
  Album1 (user1 and user2)
  Album2 (user1 and user2)
  Album3 (user3 only)
  Album4 (user1 and user2)
Group3 (user2 only)
  Album1 (user2 only)
  Album2 (user2 only)
Group4 (user1 only)

Is there a possibility to achieve that with cpg at all? I really like cpg but this drives me crazy because I promised to restrict the rights to some albums quite a long time ago. "Either restricted or removed"...

Any help is highly appreciated. Please tell me if you need any further information. Thank you!

Regards
Daniel

DaF

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Different permissions for different users doesn't work here
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 12:19:24 am »

Er, I have to admit that I must have overlooked the album settings. :o

But why are all (allowed AND restricted) albums shown in the main overview view? That will probably cause questions why someone can't access them. Wouldn't it be better to hide because non accessible albums completely depending on the user rights? Or did I miss also this feature? I wouldn't be too surprised after my last faux pas...

Regards
Daniel

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 12:48:33 am »

Split first posting in this thread from http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27291.0 and then merged it with the other thread you started.
Don't hijack threads, don't double-post nor cross-post >:(!

DaF

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 05:51:45 pm »

Sorry GauGau, but I don't understand why you accuse me of hijacking threads and double-posting. I had the very same problems after my update as the first user in the other thread. That's why I posted to that thread. I followed his idea to use phpMyAdmin but wasn't completely successful. I'd like to understand what exaclty I did wrong to avoid anything like that in future.

Another problem was how to configure albums with different user rights. Therefore I created another (this) thread which first of all had nothing to do the upgrade and missing users/groups of the other thread. After some time of browsing the forums, reading threads and the manuals I was able to find a solution myself and added an apology with a follow-up question.

Is it better to start a new thread instead of posting an addition to an existing one if the topic fits like I thought? Should I post different questions in a single thread or create one thread for each topic even if it were e.g. 5 threads right after another? I usually tend to create different threads but use existing ones if possible.

No offence meant! Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
Daniel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.