Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload Problem - Intermediate picture not created...  (Read 2527 times)

TheGamer1701

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • PartyNation.tv - Always the newest Party Facs from North Germany
Upload Problem - Intermediate picture not created...
« on: February 05, 2006, 09:36:03 pm »

Hello,

This problem is quite difficult to discribe, but I'll try to do my best.
When I upload pictures to my gallery, it sometimes happens that the intermediate pictures are not created right.
The thumbnails and fullsized pictures are done without any problem.

Here's a link to show you what I mean:
http://www.partynation.tv/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-28460
If you look at fullview and/or the thumb you'll see that the intermediate picture is not the right one.

Where does this come from?
Right now I'm not using any hack at all.
My guess would be the following:
There are >27,000 files in the gallery, and there might be fioles that have the same name. Now if one of my users uploads a file that is already in the folder, cpg might not recognize it in the step when it created the mid-sized pic.

Could this be possible?
Any hints where to start searching?

Current configuration:
cpg 1.4.3
pnCPG 3.2 [updated]

Thanks for any help...
André

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upload Problem - Intermediate picture not created...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:48:26 pm »

I guess this is caused by an enourmous amount of pics in one folder, caused by using safe_mode. A server running in safe mode is not  the proper setup for such a large gallery imo.
The majority of pics has been uploaded by you using http uploads, which is not the recommended method for gallery admins - you should use FTP-upload plus batch-add to at least remove your pics from the userpics folder root.
Try re-creating the resized pics using the corresponding option in admin tools.

TheGamer1701

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • PartyNation.tv - Always the newest Party Facs from North Germany
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 10:04:07 pm »

I guess this is caused by an enourmous amount of pics in one folder, caused by using safe_mode. A server running in safe mode is not  the proper setup for such a large gallery imo.
The majority of pics has been uploaded by you using http uploads, which is not the recommended method for gallery admins - you should use FTP-upload plus batch-add to at least remove your pics from the userpics folder root.
Try re-creating the resized pics using the corresponding option in admin tools.

Hello,

mhh, that might be the problem.
There are currently 77740 files in the folder.
But safe mode is turned off, and I uploaded almost all of the pictures with the xp_publish wizard.
Ahh, and I've got a team of 14 other people who are also uploading to the gallery, about 500-1000 pictures every week.
Unfortunetly those people don't know a lot about computers and/or ftp, so batch-add & ftp is not an option for me.

I tried to hack the xp_publish once (in version 1.3.2) to upload in a subfolder /userpics/USERNAME/, but unfortunetly that did not work.

So, what would you suggest me to do right now? Beside re-creating the resized pictures?

I know at least 4 other sites that are using cpg in the same way as I do, so there is a chance that those people will have the same problem, too. It would be great if I could help them with a solution to this problem...

Ahh,
and thanks for the fast answer.
André

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 10:16:59 pm »

If safe mode is turned off then stop using SILLY_SAFE_MODE in your include/config.inc.php
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.