Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Lost" users!  (Read 5182 times)

madsen

• Coppermine newbie
"Lost" users!
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:40:46 am »

Hi there!

I reacently downloaded and installed Coppermine 1.4.4. Wow.. It was all I have ever wanted in a web gallery! It has worked just fine, apart from one problem I experienced yesterday.
Some of the users I have registred and all of my self defined groups has just "dissapeared".  :-[
"Well"!, I thought and tried to re-create the users and their info, but that did not work since I get told by Coppermine that "A user with that name already exists".
So, it seems that the user is still in the database, but he does not appear in the user list!!! And like I said before, the groupes i have made myself has also dissapeared, but they can be recreated....

Does anyone have a clue what I should do, or what I might have made wrong???
(Since I have sent mails with usernames and passwords to friends, I dont want to change it....)

//Madsen - A coppermine fan!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Lost" users!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 09:52:46 am »

post a link to your coppermine page and attach a screenshot of your groups page to your posting (using "additional options" when composing your message).

madsen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 10:54:31 am »

The adress to my gallery is www.xxxxxxx.xx/coppermine.
I clicked on the "Bridge Manager" under "Admin Tools" just to check it out, but did not alter anything there.
After trying that again (without starting the guide), all my homemade groups dissapeared again, but not the users....
Like I said before, the main problem is that I cannot delete or alter some of the users since they dont appear in the userlist  :-[

I am greatful for all the help I can get!

//Madsen

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 11:14:17 pm by madsen »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 06:04:09 pm »

The initial page of the bridge manager doesn't run any queries nor change anything, so I can hardly see how this should have happened. Anyway, unless you have a backup, you'll probably have to re-create your groups and assign your users to those groups once more.

madsen

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 11:16:44 pm »

Ok! Thanx!

I have done that now, but before that I tested to just click on the bridge manager once more, and my groups dissapeared. So there is something wierd about it. At least on my installation   :).
Well, no problemo, I will just keep from clicking it again, unless I want to bridge sometning in the future!
Apart from that little misshap I am really pleased with Coppermine! It was just everyting I have been looking for!
Take care!

//Madsen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.