No Support > General discussion (no support!)

Some thoughts on asking questions the right way

<< < (2/3) > >>

snuff:
"37,000 companies" ?
Wow, that's more than I get! I humbly bow.... ;)

Well written, and I fully agree. Having only posted thrice so far (but having read and responded in my head countless times) on this forum, I wish to only say "Thanks" for the reminder. A good forum needs maintenance, both of the "tech" variety and that of "proper posting procedures". I frequently post on woodworking forums elsewhere, and there are a few that stand out as the best, due mostly to the same thoughts you wrote for us.

A side thought I had just now-- :D A reward program for moderators and Q-answering folk that have to deal with "bad posts": A fine-levying code that charges a "buck-or-2" to the poster the next time they post, if indeed they posted a bad-past-post and the moderators voted on it as such.

(Gee...I hope this doesn't count as one  ::))

Tranz:
Actually, there is a 'Karma' system in place. ;) It's just not obviously visible to regular users.

Hein Traag:
Well written set of guidelines ;) makes me wish i had read them earlier *grin*

Joachim Müller:
Hein,

no need to worry, you have a karma of +1  ;)

Joachim

artistsinhawaii:
Wish more people would read these topics.

Reminds me of the days when I was a sysop for serveral forums on Compuserve. It's amazing how abusive some people can be.  When you confront them, they reply, "it's a free country and I'm just expressing my freedom of speech."  I'd ask them what country they were in.  They would usually reply, America.  So I would then ask them what country they thought the internet was in.

I would constantly have to remind users that the internet isn't just one country. In fact, it's not a country at all.  Domains are private properties, and each domain has a right to set it's own rules of governing behavior. Just as the head of a household has the same right in his or her own domain.

Each user should remember that s/he is an ambassador of where they are from and a reflection of the people around them.

Thanks for the reminder,

Dennis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version