Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHP does not have MySQL support enabled.  (Read 5786 times)

tabednar

• Coppermine newbie
PHP does not have MySQL support enabled.
« on: February 04, 2006, 01:53:49 am »

I keep getting this error "PHP does not have MySQL support enabled." when trying to install the gallery. I am running my own server with these deatils:

Apache 2 : PHP 5.1.2.2 : MySQL Server 5 : Coppermine 1.4.3

I beleive everything is in the right place but I just need some help to get the php to recognize the MySQL. I have googled the problem and spent hours on the PHP and MySQL webpage FAQs but nothing seem to work. I hope you guys might help me complete this one last step. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to get the gallery to work. Thanks in advance to any advice you have to offer.  :)

Cheers,
tabednar

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: PHP does not have MySQL support enabled.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 02:52:37 am »

Install Apache, then MySQL, then PHP (manually).  Follow the installation instructions supplied by each product.  You must enable GD2 and MySQL in your php installation.  The PHP online documentation explains how to do this.  Since you didn't supply your OS, I can't give you specific references.

Please, please, please.... do not use your own server for a production site.  Use it as a test box only.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

tabednar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 03:27:57 am »

I am running Windows XP Pro...sorry for leaving that out. Can you direct me to the specific document to follow? Why should it not be used as a production site?...jw.

Thanks for you help  ;)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 03:39:17 am »

IMO, and in most expert opinions as well, home PCs are not suited for production web servers.  The operating system is not designed for such usage, the "admin" has no real experience, security vulnerabilities leave your entire system open to attack (DDoS, viruses, trojans, etc), and a home internet connection is not designed for that type of usage (any real network activity and your ISP would come down on you like a ton of bricks!), among other reasons.  It takes years of experience and training to fully support a webserver.  I've been doing this for a long time, and I would never consider allowing anyone access to my home network.  I enjoy running a test server to code on and validate programs, but I leave my production site in the hands of experts.

Go to www.php.net, read the online documentation, and look at the MySQL section.  Also look at the GD section.  I recommend reading the entire Windows installation guide - it goes into great detail on how to set up a manual install (never, ever use the automated install) and how to use PHP with Apache 2.x.

There are many, many resources on the web that walk thru all of the steps for setting up a WAMP server.  I'm surprised you didn't find a good tutorial or guide during your searches.

I moved this thread to the General Discussion board because it doesn't really fit anywhere else.  This is less of a support question and more of a "help me set up my webserver" question.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.