Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Previous File Could Not Be Placed" - Continuing Problems.  (Read 6481 times)

chris_in_kc

• Coppermine newbie
"Previous File Could Not Be Placed" - Continuing Problems.
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:28:04 am »

OK, I have checked every thread dealing with this issue on these forums and I can't seem to find an answer (they all seem to refer people to the troubleshooting page - which offers no solution).  I have made sure that ImageMagick** is installed on the server - double chcked all permissions.... and done every bit of advice I can find on these forums.

I am still getting the error message of "Previous File Could Not Be Placed".  I would kindly ask that instead of simply referring me to the tutorial (which I have done repeatedly), and instead of refering me to the "uploading troubleshooting" (which simply instructs you how to turn on the debugging mode), that someone please see if you can figure out what the problem is.  99% of the posts on this subject simply refer people to these two help files/pages..... and do not offer any specific advice.

I would be glad to post the results of the debugging if it is needed - but will respect the forum rules that state it not be posted unless requested.

I once again implore the administrator to not simply refer me to the troubleshooting or to the tutorial page.... I have repeatedly referenced them and have had no luck. 

My gallery is at http://www.10-7.com/photos/ .  As is requested in several other posts - I have created a user account with the username: "test", and the password: "test".

I should also note that the files ARE uploading to the server - but they just don't show up anywhere on the pages..... so I know the permissions are at least set properly to allow the file uploads.

**= I had the ImageMagick software installed on the server this afternoon but experienced no change in the error message. 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: "Previous File Could Not Be Placed" - Continuing Problems.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:54:33 pm »

Unfortunately, you have not followed the troubleshooting guide.  The debug mode is not turned on, and you haven't configured uploads for one file.  Until you do so, we can't assist.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

golf7

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 04:14:36 pm »

check this thread, i have the same problem and i think its cause imagemgik is running out of allacation memory

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=27380.0

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 04:42:14 pm »

@golf7: your issue is very rare, it is very unlikely that chris_in_kc is having the same issue you have. I understand that you're trying to be helpful, but upload errors are usually caused by other reasons.

@chris_in_kc: do as kegobeer suggested

chris_in_kc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 01:16:36 am »

Sorry, I actually DID have all of those things set like that several times.  In the past week, I have loaded and unloaded the coppermine at least 5 times and I just re-loaded it again right before posting here..... so I do apologize for not fixing those settings again.  It is done.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 02:44:35 am »

No, it isn't.  Follow the guide - you still don't have single file uploads.

Joachim, it's all you.  I'm out.  ;)
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

chris_in_kc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 06:50:44 am »

OK, maybe I'm not understanding something from the troubleshooting guide..... I go to the "Groups" tab and set it to "1".

**Edited** I just realized - I only had the "Administrator" account set to 1...... I forgot there was another account.  My bad... and I apologize.

I now am getting an error message that states:

Critical error
The file 'albums/userpics/10001/napoleon.gif' can't be inserted in the album

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127

Cmd line :
/usr/bin/convert -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 66x100 'albums/userpics/10001/napoleon.gif' 'albums/userpics/10001/thumb_napoleon.gif'

The convert program said:
sh: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory

File: /home/admin107/public_html/photos/db_input.php - Line: 391 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 07:08:13 am »

And a quick search tells you:  you don't have ImageMagick installed, or it isn't where you told Coppermine it was.  Switch to GD2.

chris_in_kc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 07:42:44 am »

That's the thing... I had my host install ImageMagick yesterday (before I started this thread).  I have my own dedicated server, and they installed it on the server for me - so I know it's there. 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 09:02:47 am »

I don't know what to tell you.  The error message means the convert program is not located in /usr/bin/.  Until you get it sorted out, switch to GD2.  At least your gallery will work, and there really is no difference between the two.

chris_in_kc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 12:20:57 pm »

I have sent a support ticket off to my host to see where exactly they installed ImageMagick.  I will also make sure that my server isn't running in "safe mode" as it seems that may cause an error.  I appreciate all responses - and I do want you to know that I have searched the forums as much as I could to try to find the answers before posting questions.  Thank you for your time and when I get more information from my host, I will update this thread.  I may be the only person up to this point to have these problems - but maybe if I find the solution I could help someone else in the future.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 05:12:09 pm »

I may be the only person up to this point to have these problems - but maybe if I find the solution I could help someone else in the future.

Don't worry, you aren't the only person who's had this exact problem with ImageMagick.  ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.