Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: totally delete all files and database info?  (Read 4587 times)

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
totally delete all files and database info?
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:47:44 pm »

I hope this is the proper forum to ask this in:

I am completely deleting all the Coppermine files (1.3.2)  from my server as well as deleting the info from my database. I am then going to install a brand new copy of 1.4.

I've deleted everything from my server, except for the folder "Albums" - it won't let me delete that for some reason. Now I need to go into my database and delete the info there related to CP. I'm guessing after that is done, I will be able to delete the "Albums" folder?

The database that the Coppermine info is in also holds my forum info (they are not bridged, both gallery & forum stand alone). I need to leave the forum info in tact as that is working perfectly at the moment, I don't want to mess it up! (When I install the new version of Coppermine, it will go back in this same database.)

My question is - using phpMyAdmin,  can I just go in, highlight all the tables on the left panel that are prefaced with "cpg132_" and delete them?  How do I delete them? Is that what is meant by "drop tables? Instructions on the right way to accomplish what I need to do most appreciated.

Thanks,

C

Nibbler

Re: totally delete all files and database info?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 10:49:37 pm »

Yes, drop means delete. Make a backup before you change anything. If you can't delete things via FTP then you'll need to ask your host to CHOWN them to you first.

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 11:45:09 pm »

Yes, drop means delete. Make a backup before you change anything. If you can't delete things via FTP then you'll need to ask your host to CHOWN them to you first.

Thankyou.

I can't make a backup due to a problem I asked about here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=362447&highlight=
I am waiting for a response from my webhost on that issue.

In the meantime, do you mean changing CMods permisssions on my folders/directories? I can do that - do you know what numbers I need to change them to to get the Album folder to delete?

Col

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 05:46:44 am »

try using mysqldumper instead of phpMyAdmin if you run into timeout issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.