Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new language file  (Read 2601 times)

trikepilot

• Coppermine newbie
new language file
« on: February 01, 2006, 10:02:26 pm »

As Petardo, who has started the hungarian language file, doesn't reply to my mails, I started my own translation, and encountered the first problem.
The dokumentation sais:

Many languages have special alphabets other than the latin set, or have additional characters (like ä ß à á â ã å æ ç þ ð ø). Many of these special chars have what are called html equivalents (e.g. ä for ä), but you must not use these html equivalents of your special language characters when doing your translations, as unwanted side-effects may appear with the usage of JavaScript!

Coppermine adds a charset meta tag to the header of each ouput file to instruct the browser how to render special chars. You should add the name of the charset you're using for your translation at the very start of the language file, e.g.

$lang_charset = 'iso-8859-1';

For hungarian language this is iso-8859-2, so I did this modification, but still get wrong, other caracters. I did look into the german version, as they also have special characters.
Inside the language file seems to be the html equivalents. Do i have to do this also ? Where do I find rhe right equivalents for hungarian charset ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: new language file
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:41:20 am »

the German language file doesn't contain html equivalents of the "Umlauts" (German special chars like Ä, Ö, Ü), so I guess this is something your editor does - there are editors that replace the special chars with html equivalents on load. Either turn that option off in your editor or use another editor. A good free editor is Weaverslave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.