Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User problems  (Read 4209 times)

o-rio-n

• Coppermine newbie
User problems
« on: February 01, 2006, 01:35:08 pm »

I have been running cpg1.4.2 for the past three weeks after upgrading from an earlier release. Today I have been  moving some albums around into different categories. Definitely not out of the ordinary stuff. I received an sms from a family member who couldn't log in. I was logged in with my admin account but when checking the user list, it was wiped bare except my admin user. I could create users. If I tried to log in with my normal user account, the browser shows the 'welcome "user"' message with a continue button then goes back to the login screen. I have had this returning to the login screen issue previously but a refresh in the browser sorted it out. But never have a lost all my users. I cranked up phpmyadmin and found all my users intact but all the groups had been reset back to default. Then I checked the last visited date in the user table and it doesn't seem to have been updated since earlier this afternoon. To me it seemed that the user table was not being read or written to properly. I checked the group ids and found that only my admin user actually had an valid id number. Testing a theory, I manually changed the id of my own normal user account to a valid number and I was able to log in.

I'm at a loss to explain what happened to my group table today. I'd appreciate any input.

I hope that this post helps anyone that experiences similar problems in the future and don't know mysql like the back of their hand, like me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: User problems
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 06:56:25 pm »

a wild guess: you upgraded using Fantastico. Correct me if I'm wrong.

o-rio-n

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 10:49:58 am »

Too wild, no control panels here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 10:51:59 am »

OK then. You should upgrade to cpg1.4.3 anyway, although I'm not sure if this will help cure your issues.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
SPLIT: Re: User problems
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 12:48:39 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.