Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: That Fatal Error thing, version check won't run, reuploaded all files  (Read 5230 times)

jenepherre

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • there's beauty in the breakdown

After uploading all the new files (minus album folder, anycontent.php and include/config.inc.php), I ran update.php - everything looked good.  I tried to run versioncheck.php and got a fatal error.  I went to my homepage, and initially it was viewable, but the menus just showed up as text - {sys_menu} {sub_menu}.  I reuploaded all the files (minus the ones above, as before) and ran update.php again.  Again, everything seemed fine, except when I got to the bottom of the page, I got:

Code: [Select]
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/irishcae/public_html/avatars/gallery/update.php on line 47

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/irishcae/public_html/avatars/gallery/update.php on line 50

Now every page I try to access (except update.php) comes up with "Fatal error" with no other information.

The db user for the database does have all privileges and I did confirm that the database info in include/config.inc.php is correct.

I don't know how to enable debug mode since I can't get into the gallery at all.  I don't want to screw anything up further by messing with the database in phpMyAdmin since I'm just a beginner at php.

I've tried to read all the other threads talking about fatal errors and similar topics, but none of them seem to offer me any help.  Any ideas?

Also, I did use phpMyAdmin to backup the database and copied the entire album folder to my hard drive before starting this.  Will my database backup work with 1.4.3 if I were just to do a fresh install of CPG?

Gallery location: http://www.irishcaelan.com/avatars/gallery/index.php

Thanks in advance for any help.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 04:17:05 pm by TranzNDance »
=================================
Jen Robertson
I don't want to explain, I just want to dance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: That Fatal Error thing, version check won't run, reuploaded all files
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:00:13 am »

make sure your mysql user has got ALTER permissions. Make sure to upgrade your custom theme as suggested in the docs. Try accessing your site with one of the default themes that come with coppermine.
After having fixed the mysql user permissions, re-run the update script.

jenepherre

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 09:42:59 am »

make sure your mysql user has got ALTER permissions. Make sure to upgrade your custom theme as suggested in the docs. Try accessing your site with one of the default themes that come with coppermine.
After having fixed the mysql user permissions, re-run the update script.

Unfortunately none of that made any difference.  The mysql user already had ALTER permissions, but just to be sure, I unchecked ALTER and saved, then rechecked ALTER and saved.  I wasn't really using a custom theme - just Classic with the image at the top changed to my own image.  I tried http://www.irishcaelan.com/avatars/gallery/?theme=classic and still got the fatal error message.  Ran the update script again.  I get the same two errors as listed in my original post.  I've probably messed it up beyond repair somewhere.

What about the second question I asked... I did use phpMyAdmin to backup the database and copied the entire album folder to my hard drive before starting this.  Will my database backup work with 1.4.3 if I were just to do a fresh install of CPG?  Will that work?

Thanks for your time and help, GauGau.

Jen Robertson

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 10:05:14 am »

Try re-uploading all your files, maybe they got corrupted. Search the board for your error message as well, I think this has been asked before.
The reason why I haven't replied to your second question is the "one question per thread" policy that we have (you agreed to respect it when signing up). I have no idea what you're trying to do, you should upgrade as suggested and not try to mess with your install.

jenepherre

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 01:28:03 pm »

Try re-uploading all your files, maybe they got corrupted. Search the board for your error message as well, I think this has been asked before.
The reason why I haven't replied to your second question is the "one question per thread" policy that we have (you agreed to respect it when signing up). I have no idea what you're trying to do, you should upgrade as suggested and not try to mess with your install.

• I've already reuploaded the files (see subject line), more than once actually.
  • I'm terribly sorry I forgot about the one question per thread policy, although I considered my other question to be a possible solution to the same problem, and thus related.
  • I did search for the error message and did read the various responses.  Of the messages I saw, the posters figured out their problems themselves in the end, and it never seemed to be the same thing that fixed the problem for each one.  It's interesting though that so many people are getting fatal errors and those same 2 error messages...
  • I thought it was clear what I was trying to do - I was trying to upgrade as suggested.  And I was specifically not trying to mess with my install.

I'm not sure what I did to warrant the rather rude tone of your last post - I was going out of my way to be considerate and to try and explain my issue as best I could and follow your advice.  I do appreciate the time and effort you and the rest of the team put in answering questions here.  But I don't think I did anything to deserve the tone used in your post.

In any case, I've reverted back to v. 1.3.3, so the issues I posted about are now mute - at least for me.
Jen Robertson

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 07:33:30 pm »

another suggestion: in your db name or mysql username, do you have invalid chars? There must be only alphanumerical chars in it - no special chars, and particularly no dot.
Anyway, I'll mark this thread as "closed" then, but it's mandatory that you upgrade to cpg1.3.5 at least, as cpg1.3.3 has security vulnerabilities that have been fixed in cpg1.3.5

jenepherre

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:54:46 pm »

Thank you for the additional information.  My db name and sql name both consist of only alphanumeric characters - no dots or other invalid characters - but that's good information to keep in mind for the future.  And I'll go grab 1.3.5 right now - security is one of the reasons I was trying to upgrade.  Thanks again for your time, GauGau.
Jen Robertson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.