Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused about profiles (phpBB)  (Read 3143 times)

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
Confused about profiles (phpBB)
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:55:46 am »

When a user clicks on the profile button he gets his phpBB profile page.  When someone clicks on a username under a thumbnail he gets the CPG profile page.  I understand this is the desired behavior, but what's the rationale?  The CPG profile has the good features of saying how many pics the user has uploaded and such, but since I'm bridged, I can't have any other useful (necessary IMO) stuff there, such as contact info.  What't the thinking here?

Nibbler

Re: Confused about profiles (phpBB)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:47:10 pm »

It provides a more seamless integration by displaying profile data within Coppermine itself. If you want to redirect to phpbb instead then it is easy to do so, just comment out the overridden method in the phpbb bridge file..

Code: [Select]
function view_profile() {}

Mastiff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 02:27:38 am »

Okay, thanks.  Given that, is there any way to get some fields into the CPG profile while bridging?  Either that or a link to the phpBB profile would be really useful.

jerx

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 04:43:55 am »

Nibbler already gave you the code to link to phpBB profile. Just comment out the function.

I think it is the best solution for a bridged cpg, because the link to cpg profile will cause a database error anyway. I haven' t seen this database error in a bridged 1.33 version, so code changes in the recent cpg versions must have caused this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.