Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The thumbnails stopped working!  (Read 7250 times)

tricoven

• Coppermine newbie
The thumbnails stopped working!
« on: January 31, 2006, 05:00:21 pm »

Im using coppermine a year now and I just noticed for the last few weeks that the thumbnails are very rough and take time to load...then I noticed that they are actually the original files just being resized directly without the thumbnails and such...

Like this:
http://www.alyssamilano.ws/gallery/displayimage.php?album=354&pos=1

That should not suppose to look like that.  I set the max dimension for thumbnail to 400 and it should not be bigger than 400, but it seems like the original sizes keep popping up where it shouldn't!  A pop-up window would've took care of that (showing the original sizes) but now it seems to be not working at all...can anyone help me please???  This is ruining the whole site layout and not to mention it takes forever to load for those who are in dial up...

Anyway, is this caused by my host not having any of the thumbnailing scripts at all or are there any reasons for this?   To note, I've been in the same host when I started CPG and it worked fine until early this month I noticed that the thumbnails are not really thumbnails anymore...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 11:09:42 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: The thumbnails stopped working!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 08:16:02 am »

your page requires registration, so I suggest you post a non-admin test user account.
Make sure that you haven't set the thumb prefix in coppermine's config to "nothing".

tricoven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 10:31:08 am »

Okay, just made a test user account.
The problem is, I did check on that thing about prefix for thumbnails and it has an indicated * to it which means u know the db should be empty...but the thumbnailing worked before and I checked my files thru FTP and I even have the thumbnail files like thumb_filename.jpg...it's strange.

But anyway, the test user account:
user: testing
pass: user

and this is a sample of the problem:
http://www.alyssamilano.ws/gallery/displayimage.php?album=354&pos=1

u'll notice that the image is directly loading to their original sizes, or wherever you right click the properties of these supposedly thumbnails, you'll notice they are actually the original files only forcefully resized and that's why it takes forever to load the gallery.

please help!!!!:D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 06:49:50 pm »

The corresponding thumbnail of course is http://www.alyssamilano.ws/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=354 and not the single pic page you posted. I certainly won't re-visit your site, with 3 pop-under ads, so we'll have to solve this in another way. Lecturing that there's an asterisk next to it that says not to change the field post-install is not very wise - it was me who added the asterisk and the text beneath it to coppermine's code, so I'm familiar with it, thank you. Just answer the question implied into my previous posting: what setting do you currently have for the thumbnail prefix in coppermine's config?

tricoven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 04:33:59 am »

That's why I put a 'u know' because i know u know it already, sorry it's just that I tend to type overexcessively...anyway...

Well, the prefix (thumbnails) field is blank actually.  I did spot that when I look in my config and I don't wanna touch it before an expert tells me what to do coz im afraid it will worsen the probelm... ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 10:22:01 am »

then put back "thumbs_" into that field. If you experience broken thumbs (for files that you have added since you have set the thumbnail prefix to void), use the admin tools to re-create them.

tricoven

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 11:05:19 am »

thanks for the tip, now the thumbnails are working, and now i understand the meaning of intermediate pics...thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.