Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comments Permissions  (Read 5249 times)

thekingster

• Coppermine novice
Comments Permissions
« on: December 29, 2003, 01:34:50 am »

Aswell as being able to set permissions for viewing an album, how about having seperate permissions for comments and ratings.

For example a group called mates, might be able to view my family albums, but I can stop them from entering comments and ratings, but would like my family to be able to post comments.

btw I use the phpnuke version, however this isnt really a nuke issue and I am assuming that the original is coded here then ported to phpnuke, headers added etc.

DJMaze

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • Dragonfly CMS
Comments Permissions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 02:14:28 am »

Kingster as far Scott and i know off the Groups viewing of album only works in Nuked version of Coppermine due to drastically file and source changes we made.

Due to changes we made and a new function this can be accomplished easily and i take it as a YES for feature request.

Now we only need to figure out how to add this to the standalone since the Nuke version code is drastically changed.
There are 2 kinds of users in this world: satisfied and complainers.
Why do we never hear something from the satisfied users?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24315.0

thekingster

• Coppermine novice
Comments Permissions
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 03:08:26 am »

That would be class, thanks!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Comments Permissions
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 10:48:56 am »

The groups permissions can be set as suggested, at least in the standalone version.  In the groups settings page, you can set permissions not just to view, but to upload, comment, rate pics or send ecards.

Each group can have different levels of permissions, so your group 'mates' could be restricted to view only, whilst your group 'family' could post comments, rate pics etc.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

thekingster

• Coppermine novice
Comments Permissions
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 03:13:25 pm »

No but what I mean is to have the following:

Album 1 - Family can view, comment, rate \ Mates can only view
Album 2 - Family can view, comment, rate \ Mates can view, comment, rate
Album 3 Family can only view \ Mates can view, comment and rate
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.