Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: seperate databases?  (Read 3128 times)

~phocas~

• Coppermine novice
    • phocas
seperate databases?
« on: December 29, 2003, 06:28:30 am »

This has probly been asked, but I couldn't find it on this board to save my life so.........  In your install instrux, it says...

"It is also recommended that you suse the same database for your board and Coppermine."

Excuse my DB ignorance, but does it really make that much of a difference?  Are there potential issues of having Coppermine use one database and phpBB2 another?  Will they (CPG & phpBB2) run slower?  faster?

The site I will be putting it on, www.phocas.net , is already huge gallery site consisting of about 20,000 photographs so I really am interested in the implications / drawbacks / potential issues of having it on a seperate database than phpBB2.
phocas.net

~phocas~

• Coppermine novice
    • phocas
seperate databases?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 08:43:52 am »

so can nobody answer this question?
phocas.net

Zarsky

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Zerr Family Website
seperate databases?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 05:18:54 pm »

phocas,

I think it can be done, but most of the current bridge files assume that they are both in the same DB.  A script can only have one DB open at a time, so if they are in different DB's, that the bridge script will have to keep opening and closing the different DB's depending on what is needed at any particular time.  This is neither efficient nor clean coding.  So I think for now just use the same DB with different prefix's.  Why do you need to use seperate DB's?
Read the Online DOCs, FAQ, and SEARCH the board BEFORE posting questions for help.

~phocas~

• Coppermine novice
    • phocas
seperate databases?
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 06:48:56 pm »

thank you for you respone.  that clarifies a lot.   as far as the need to use seperate DBs?  there's really no need past having the need to be overly organized  :wink:

thanks again...
i very much appreciate it!
phocas.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.