Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lastalb caption question  (Read 7172 times)

lordprodigy

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • B514 ///
Lastalb caption question
« on: January 30, 2006, 10:06:37 pm »

Hello, In version 1.3.x this was solved here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=15245.0

What is the solution to 1.4.3? Has anyone done it yet? Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 12:15:32 am by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Lastalb caption question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 02:17:07 am »

Strangely enough, I had added this to my Search Album plugin, but hadn't released it yet with this feature.

Here it is:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26483.0

No hacks necessary this time around!  Gotta love the plugin system.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 08:39:07 pm »

Thanks. I am going to try your plugin and post back.

Here is what Im looking for:

category
album name
date
[xxx pics, xxx views] < these stats can be found http://www.b514.com/photos/ssi/example.php at the bottom. they exist, I need to know how to bring them up here...

for a working example without the stats take a look here : www.b514.com/photos

thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:49:15 pm by lordprodigy »

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 08:44:20 pm »

I tried your plugin. looks good. but its not what I am looking for.

Does anyone know how to do the above? thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:49:46 pm by lordprodigy »

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »

I looked at the code difference between version 1.3.2 and 1.4.3. everything is pretty similar so I dont think its hard to "update" the fix for 1.4.3. I dont know enough php to be able to differenciate what parts of the old code are good for the new. Can someone please help me out. I really need this function!

thanks in advance!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 06:44:12 pm »

That's what I have done for my plugin, update that mod to 1.4 and tie it to the appropriate plugin hook so you don't have to modify the core code.

If you want the stats in addition, that's a separate issue.  Has anyone done this in 1.3? (or 1.4?)   It's not difficult to do most mods it just takes time.  I'll look into it, but I cannot promise a timeline for delivering a mod/plugin that adds these stats.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:55:58 pm »

I did upgrade to the new 1.4 of your plugin and its exactly what I needed. however, it will be nice to have those stats. You can put them optional as well. I would love to have those stats.

Thanks a lot paver! your plugin rocks.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 08:40:07 pm »

I would like to do some styling for the caption. where would I be able to do that. for example I want to have <br> instead of a paragraph. the distance beetween the lines is too big. The other opton is to do it in css. Whats your opinion?

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 10:10:48 pm »

The best way to do this is to use CSS.  Modify your theme's style.css and look for the .thumb_title and .thumb_caption properties.  Add the following to each:
Code: [Select]
padding-top : 0px;
padding-bottom : 0px;

Leave the "display : block" in there since there's no other way to get a line break otherwise (unless you hack the scripts that use this class).  You could try the other display properties if you'd like.  From a quick search online, I find these 2 sites:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_display.asp
http://www.quirksmode.org/css/display.html

Make sure you force-refresh your browser to see the new style settings after you modify & save style.css.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 10:23:42 pm »

wouldnt the padding-top glue the caption below the image? will give it a try. thanks.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 10:28:30 pm »

Then modify the style class "image" to have the appropriate padding.  Styles are the most versatile way to go.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 08:36:16 am »

I have added version 1.05 to my plugin: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26483.msg126090#msg126090.

I think it takes care of everything you requested in this thread, so ... maybe we can mark this thread as "Solved"?   :)

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 09:55:23 am »

SOLVED indeed. You are amazing!!! Take a look at your work in action www.bogho.com/b514 the search is working great, so are the stats and the config options are fantastic. Exactly what I needed. Million thanks Paver!!!

This thread can be labeled as solved, however I have one last cosmetic question... take a look at the attached image; a) how can I remove the highlighted bit, and, b) I would like to combine the date with the stats on one line as shown in the jpg. Is that too hard to do? I think it will save some valuable vertical space on the sites.

Thank you once again for your help. Your plugin rocks.

lordprodigy

• B514 ///
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 08:19:27 pm »

Paver, do you have any idea how I can do the above? I like clean things and too many lines below the image bother me :( Pleaaaaaaaaaaase, I need help :) Thanks a lot in advance!!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 11:17:47 pm »

Fix your keyboard, the "A" key appears to be stuck ::).

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 11:28:24 pm »

lordprodigy: A little patience, ok?  You waited 10 hours during which I was sleeping for 6 of them.  I'm volunteering my time when I can.

It just so happens that I did implement everything you want, but it required a rewrite of the way I was outputting the stats so that it would be available via template (and thus useful to more people and also it would obviate the need for you to plead for more code-writing).  I was almost done when I got called in to work early.  I'll see if I have time during my breaks tonight to release it.

Please give me some time next time.  I think it's reasonable to ask for a response after a week of waiting.  Anything else is unreasonable.  The response some times might be "I don't have time to look into that now".  I do have a lot of projects I'm working on.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 11:31:56 pm »

see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26532.msg126290#msg126290 and my reply... :o

@lordprodigy: you managed to upset 2 devs in one day - review your attitude!

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2006, 12:15:13 am »

Agreed.  I saw that post after I replied here. 

This thread is done. 

Since I've added the features requested here in my plugin, please use the plugin thread for further support on the value-added features of the 'lastalb' meta-album.  You can always *request* features for a current plugin or for future releases of Coppermine (using the Feature Requests Board), but it doesn't mean anyone will actually implement those features anytime soon.  If it's something simple, people will reply.  If it's not, you might not get any replies.  Don't think that your thread is being ignored - the devs, supporters, and other community members are certainly reading all the threads.  If they don't reply, they don't have a response for you, so go off and figure it out on your own or just wait.  If you really want help quickly, come up with a budget and a job description and post on the Freelancer board.

That's how this open-source community works.  Be a friendly member and contribute whenever you can.

Oh, this is nothing to discuss here so I locked this thread.  If you want to discuss what I've described about the Coppermine community, use the General Discussion board.  If you have another question about the core scripts, start another thread on the correct board.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 12:22:48 am by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2006, 03:18:28 pm »

One more thing so that this thread is clear & self-contained.  In the last request by lordprodigy above, the "0 views" under the thumbnail is due to the config setting for "Display number of views below the thumbnail".  The "0 views" refers to the number of views for only the picture used for the thumbnail for the album.  I think this is not very useful because people would normally think a thumbnail for a whole album wouldn't show details of only the one picture used for the thumbnail.  There are other config settings for the thumbnail view that are used for the album thumbnails as well (like filename).  I'll make a note to improve things for the next release of Coppermine.  Right now, you can use my plugin which replaces the entire thumbnail caption for albums (both in the album search results and in the "Last Updated Albums" meta-album).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.