Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Board - did a mistake  (Read 2659 times)

sally

• Coppermine newbie
    • Mastin Español International
New to Board - did a mistake
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:13:38 pm »

Hi,
I do not know if I am allowed to post this message here, but I try.
First let me say, that I am pretty new to this board, and made my first post (reply) today, because I was so glad to find someone with the same problem that I have in tread:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26552.new;topicseen#new

I have been searching in the forum, but believe me, for a newbie it is difficult to find the right treads.
A little while ago, I got a notification of a reply, which was:

please don't clutter the cpg1.3.x board with cpg1.4.x issues. Those two versions differ, that's why there are different sub-boards.
Thread locked.

I am sorry, that Zaki cannot get any response, now that the tread is locked.
I would have preferred, that I had been asked to remove my reply (which I would have done, of course, since it is not the problem that matters, but the version).

Please, remember newbies make mistakes  :-[

Best regards,
Sally, Denmark

« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:19:39 pm by sally »
Testing the cpg 1.4.8. at
www.MastinGallery.net/cpg145

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: New to Board - did a mistake
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 09:30:12 pm »

well, what can I say: wrong board again - posting on a board named "General discussion (no support!)" (I highlighted the important bit for you) is not a very bright idea. What's wrong with the board at the very top of the forum that is named "cpg1.4 Standalone Board", because that's where I moved your thread to. Quoting my reply instead of your question (thereby forcing supporters to look up the original question on the invalid thread you replied to) is not a bright idea either, nor is your subject line very helpful. Are you doing this on purpose?
Usually, it helps posting a link to your site for a start.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 09:33:04 pm »

It doesn't seem like sally was asking for support, but was apologizing for her mistake that resulted in the thread being locked. :) But it could also be interpretted as a request for help on the issue in the thread that got locked...

sally

• Coppermine newbie
    • Mastin Español International
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:44:19 am »

...but was apologizing for her mistake that resulted in the thread being locked

Yes, that was my intention, but I obviously did not succeed. I could not find any off-topic tread!

I am not doing anything on purpose.
I am just new to this board, and you could have given me a change to remove or move my message.
That would in my humble opinion have been more fair to the person, who started the tread (in the right tread)

I apologize - and will stop posting, just browse former posts if I run into problems.

But it could also be interpretted as a request for help on the issue in the thread that got locked...
No, I think I will try to fix my problem in another way. My début here has not been a success.

Usually, it helps posting a link to your site for a start.
There was a link to my site - but only in my signature.
There is no need to take a look at my site.
I just dowloaded and installed the cpg 1.43 this morning.
Managed to get it running except for the AVI video files.
I was excited about the cpg 1.4. 3. compared to the version 1.2.2b, that I use at my Nuke site www.mastin-espanol.dk
- and I was prepared to switch to the new stand-alone coppermine.

I am sorry I have bothered you all!
You may remove my 3 posts, since I have done everything that can be done wrong at this board.
Testing the cpg 1.4.8. at
www.MastinGallery.net/cpg145

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 06:19:11 am »

@sally: sorry, I didn't realize you were just trying to apologize for replying to that other thread. Happens rarely, that's why I didn't look closer. Sorry again. Please use this thread, describe your issue in detail, hopefully we'll be able to solve it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.