Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: installed ... but BATCH file errors and says "click for details or to reload"  (Read 6783 times)

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

I have successfully installed Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.3 (stable) .. and have it running on another site I host on my web server .. <http://www.glimpsesofyou.com/photos> - so I know that my server supports the program and has everything on it that Coppermine requires.

However, when I go to install it at another domain of mine .. http://www.mydigitalfotos.com/gallery ... the program installed but when I go to BATCH ADD the photos from a folder, I get the following; "click for details or to reload" - which resolves to blank page.

So my question, what should I do? I have already installed it again, and deleted the mySQL database ... but it does it again. Now, I am now sure if I need to download the file again .. and try it .. but I will say that I have even tried to do a single upload and the file says exceeded the limit .. so I bumped it up to 4000 X 3000 ... Now ... I go and check to see if it will single upload ... and it says "The height and or width of the uploaded picture is more than that allowed by the gallery config."

What can / should I do to resolve my issues?

If you will see from the one pic that I have uploaded I was able to do so through the upload file and do a single pic ... but this is one that I took some time back and is 2048 X 1360. So, is there a spec limit to Coppermine that is preventing this upload? If so, what do I need to get around it to upload my pics ...?

Anyone with any experience PLEASE RESPOND !!

Thanks,
J. Brad
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 09:37:08 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

there are server-sided restrictions that can keep you from uploading hires pics (the max res specified in coppermine's config can be only wishful thinking), especially the max ram size assigned to the script in PHP can be a killer. Refer to the sticky thread on the board I moved your thread to for details.

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

GauGau,
So what I should do is reduce the resolution before I upload them to avoid this problem. So, I should reduce the  3072 X 2048 to say 2048 X 1360 or even smaller?

I really love Coppermine and I am regretfully having to start all over with all my "foto" galleries since I am now on a different web server, and was not sure what I was going to do. If this will fix my problem .. then I AM HAPPY!

Thanks,
J. Brad

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

What do you want people to do with the large photos? If it's just to view, most monitors can't even show them without resizing or scrollbars.

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

i just want to share them ... I guess what I could do is to run "Automate/ Batch" in Photoshop to reduce the size of all images in a folder from an action setting I can create.

mainly, i just take the pictures, and then upload what i have taken .. i usually take pictures in the medium setting on my Canan Digital Rebel, but I guess what I need to start doing is take them how I want, and reduce the size of all pics to 800 X 600 to upload to Coppermine ... and if I ever need to do anything else with the pictures, I could have them on my hard drive for future use in a separate folder ...

thanks

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

I use actions in photoshop to batch resize. And while I'm at it, I use it to rename the files so they make more sense.

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

i would not mind renaming them too ..
but if someone would want a HI RES then i would not know the file name unless I renamed it before resizing the images ...

what size do you normally resize your's too?

i want people to view them and download them if they desire for personal use, but limitedly ...

so i guess resizing and watermarking might be useful in case they post them to their online website .. it would have my copyright info on it unless they photoshop-ed it out...

i know i do this here at work .. renaming (i deal with digital photography)... but i guess it never hit me to do it for my personal stuff as well.

thanks.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

I leave my originals untouched, even the names. I keep my files organized in folders. So I would be able to find the folder and use Windows thumbnail preview to track down the original.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Max res depends on your webserver setup, your taste and your content. Party or family shots usually don't need hires originals, as people hardly print it. Artwork may get printed, so review your content: artwork or quick shots? Personally, I resize all pics to low-res (640x480) using IrfanView (see Batch-resizing tutorial at http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/), as I mostly upload party pics on my personal page. Hires (2048 pixels and beyond) are a waste of resources imo, on 99% of all coppermine galleries, more than 1024x768 doesn't make sense).

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

i will heed to the EXPERTS and their advice.

thanks!!

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

okay, okay ...

so I have taken the adice to reduce the size of my pics ... but the BACTH add files still results in "click for details or to reload".

All images have ben resized to 640 X 427 and each are under 100KB.

So, now what gives? Is there a fix or suggestion that someone can give?

J. Brad

Nibbler

Don't double post.

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

i did not ... i opened a new topic .. not sure what happened ...

J. Brad

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie
NEW TOPIC - BATCH ADD FILES? what gives ..?
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 02:02:19 am »

okay, okay ...

so I have taken the adice to reduce the size of my pics ... but the BACTH add files still results in "click for details or to reload".

All images have ben resized to 640 X 427 and each are under 100KB.

So, now what gives? Is there a fix or suggestion that someone can give?

J. Brad

i have even done what the thread "http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=23342.0" has said about changing the code .. but that doe snot work either.

any help.

THANKS

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

i did not ... i opened a new topic .. not sure what happened ...
That is double-posting. Merging.

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

okay ... we must have different ideas of what double-posting is .. so thanks for merging it

... but what gives ?

any ideas?

thanks

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

single upload of file works .. GREAT .. but is there a problem with BATCH add file?

it seems to me that more than one person has posted a topic concerning this, but i still have not found a fix to mine as of yet ...

thanks

jbradhuss

• Coppermine newbie

for what it is worth .. i have this problem solved ..

not sure if it was the download i had on my PC at home .. but i was able to get all files from the install that works ... www.glimpsesofyou.com .. and just took everything and installed it on the domain ..  www.mydigitalfotos.com ...

obviously .. the batch add did not work on the Higher Res images .. so i resized one to do a test .. took it from 3072 X 2048 to 720 X 480 ... and Batch added it and it worked like a charm ....

thanks for your Help Tranze and Gau Gau  ....

i was determined to figure this thing out ... GREAT work on the ongoing Development ... looking forward to see what the future holds ...

J. Brad Huss
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.