Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multiple uses of coppermine  (Read 3162 times)

irulan

• Coppermine newbie
multiple uses of coppermine
« on: February 03, 2006, 11:25:59 pm »

I have 3 different sites with unique image galleries that I want to integrate Coppermine into.  Each one has a different layout, so in order for it to work the way I want it I need to create 3 unique themes.
But my understanding is that Coppermine displays whatever information it contains in whatever singular theme you've chosen; not a unique theme depending on whichever website/category/album is being accessed.

So, how do I do this?  Do I need 3 different Coppermine databases?  Do I create a unique table prefix for 3 different tables?  How do i do that?  Can Coppermine display more than one theme?  Can Coppermine be integrated into an existing website layout using .css and other formatting tools?  I don't even know if I know the right question to ask.

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
Re: multiple uses of coppermine
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 12:04:40 am »

I have 3 different sites with unique image galleries that I want to integrate Coppermine into.  Each one has a different layout, so in order for it to work the way I want it I need to create 3 unique themes.

If you have three different sites with different URLs (or domains), then you would make a separate install of Coppermine on each site. Yes, then you would create three unique themes, one for each install.

But my understanding is that Coppermine displays whatever information it contains in whatever singular theme you've chosen; not a unique theme depending on whichever website/category/album is being accessed.

Coppermine will display your gallery in one theme, or you can allow your users to select the theme they want. Because you would need a separate install of Coppermine for each website, you can have unique theme for each site. However, you can't have a different theme for the categories or album views in an install.

So, how do I do this?  Do I need 3 different Coppermine databases?  Do I create a unique table prefix for 3 different tables?  How do i do that?

Yes you would need 3 databases, one for each install. You don't have to create a unique table prefix, you only have to give each database the name of your choice.

Can Coppermine display more than one theme?  Can Coppermine be integrated into an existing website layout using .css and other formatting tools?  I don't even know if I know the right question to ask.

Yes Coppermine can be integrated into an existing website. The theme design is controlled by template.html, theme.php, and style.css within each individual theme.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

irulan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 12:36:43 am »

They don't have unique URLs.  Its sites that I host on my singular domain.

So, there's no real way to break out of the theme limitation?  Because I love Coppermine.  Love the admin panel.
But I want a unique look for each of my individual sites.

What I really want is from each sites nav bar for me to define which album I want it to link and have my own page pull from my Coppermine database, like
Code: [Select]
SELECT * FROM table WHERE album=1and have those thumbnails displayed on my page that has my own header file and footer file and css file.  And still use the javascript to link to the larger images. 
The only functionality I really use is the admin panel - thumbnails.php and the javascript.  But I can't extract those and just integrate the awesome functionality into my site, can I?

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 03:59:16 am »

They don't have unique URLs.  Its sites that I host on my singular domain.

You could still have multiple installs of Coppermine on the one domain. You could upload the cpg143 folder, then *before* running the install program, re-name the folder. So you could have something like gallery1, gallery2, gallery3.

So, there's no real way to break out of the theme limitation?  Because I love Coppermine.  Love the admin panel.
But I want a unique look for each of my individual sites.

I'm not really sure what you see as a theme limitation. With multiple installs, you could have a theme for each gallery, so you would have the unique look you need. Perhaps if you post a link to your present site, I can get more of an idea of what you are trying to do.

What I really want is from each sites nav bar for me to define which album I want it to link and have my own page pull from my Coppermine database . . .

You're certainly free to hack and mod the code. Check CPMFetch in the Modifications/addons/hacks board. That mod might be useful to you, or give you some inspiration.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 02:26:25 pm »

you could possible change the default theme for these installations. You'll need to rename/ remove the 'theme' field in the config table. Then open config.inc.php of each install and add something like

Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['theme'] = 'my_theme1'; //use your theme name here

Do that for all three config files. I've forgotten if the theme (if it's the default one) gets saved in the cookie too. If that's the case this won't work (unless you remove saving the theme in a cookie completely)

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 04:40:04 pm »

If you are going to have just one gallery installed and want different themes for different categories of same gallery, then i think there are mods available for that. This link might help you http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=25471.0
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.