Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: base directory problem  (Read 22390 times)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: base directory problem
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2005, 07:08:48 pm »

yes, the thread you were replying to is very old and has been posted in the cpg1.2 support board, which is (as you posted) not the coppermine version you're using. However, this has been asked quite often on the cpg1.3 support board as well. The solution is generic: your server doesn't have all server vars it should have. If it is yours to administer, change the server config accordingly. If you're webhosted and /or can't change the server config, you have two options:
  • edit the place where the server vars are set up / checked: include/init.inc.php
    $PHP_SELF = isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL']) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL'] : $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'];
    (as suggested above)
  • Edit the file you're having issues with, search the code for
    <form
    and change the action attribute from
    <form action="$PHP_SELF" method="post">
    to the actual filename (for config.php, this would be
    Code: [Select]
    <form action="config.php" method="post"> etc.)
Joachim

ReneZ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 07:53:39 pm »

• edit the place where the server vars are set up / checked: include/init.inc.php
    $PHP_SELF = isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL']) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL'] : $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'];
    (as suggested above)
  • Edit the file you're having issues with, search the code for
    <form
    and change the action attribute from
    <form action="$PHP_SELF" method="post">
    to the actual filename (for config.php, this would be
    Code: [Select]
    <form action="config.php" method="post"> etc.)

Hi,

same prob here too with coppermine 1.3.2 on lycos webhosting.

First possibility doesnt work for me is there a way to put in directoryname directly, since second possibility gives mixed results
eg catmgr.php "swallows" the dot before php so i have to edit url manually.

Plz help.

René

ReneZ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 08:46:18 pm »

now it works ! i forgot to put a ";" on the end of the line. ;D

René

twmsdude

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 03:57:19 am »

I never like to bump a post but I still havent found a fix. I run my own server with EasyPHP1.8. I have everything from that install on. I havent changed anything except putting my website into the www folder. How would I go about inserting these variables into the config. Which config would I edit. I am guessing the php config. I had coppermine installed before on Appserv which the installer included apache 1.3 and php4. I can no longer use it because it searches for a non existing file..... Anyway I have tried everything listed here. Even changing the php_self to config.php did not fix the config.php problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.