Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Assign Edit Permission  (Read 3256 times)

HenrikBechmann

• Coppermine newbie
Assign Edit Permission
« on: January 29, 2006, 03:08:30 am »

The only group able to edit files (description etc.) is the admin group, but I would like to assign this permission to another group (custodians). Unfortunately I can't find how to do this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

- Henrik
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:49:35 pm by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Assign Edit Permission
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:01:59 am »

You cannot do that with Coppermine out-of-the-box.  Additional permissions may be added to future versions.

There is hack that will do what you want.  Please see this thread:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26218.0

HenrikBechmann

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 12:05:16 pm »

Thanks very much paver. I'll probably just wait for the future version option, but it's nice to know there's an alternative if I need it (I've bookmarked it), and it's also good to get a straight answer!

I'll live with it. The benefit for me of coppermine is that it has the good sense to work with photos in-place, rather than insisting on taking the photo files into essentially private physical repositories as gallery is biased to do.

All the best,

- Henrik

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 06:49:02 pm »

Without meaning to move this thread into a non-related direction ... if you like keeping your photos in place and having Coppermine mirror your directory structure, there's an add-on that does such a thing automatically:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=13949.0

It's not robust yet, so you should use it vewy, vewy carefully, but it's mighty handy and I use it exclusively for adding new photos.  On my to-do list is to help convert it into a robust plugin.  Something to add to your bookmarks as well maybe ...

I'll mark this thread as "solved".  Please use another thread if you have other questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.