Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Coppermine suitable for a simple, secure-ish client interface?  (Read 4867 times)

bethri

• Coppermine newbie

Hi all.

I'm looking to set up a simple way to show images to my clients.

What I'd like ideally, is a bare front page comprising only a logo and a username/password client-login form. On submitting the form, my clients would be redirected to indivdual, reasonably secure galleries where they could view lo-res (possibly also with a slideshow) and download hi-res versions of the images. Each client would only ever see their galleries/images, as directed by the username /password combination.

On the back end, I'd like to be able to batch upload and add comments to the images, to arrange them in galleries and to put them in specific orders within the gallery.

Obviously, I'd like to be able to theme the pages, although since my work is about the images the theme would want to be a very simple one.

I'd also like to know that the images are un-spiderable and un-Google-able. I don't want the work visible to anyone but my logged-in clients.

I'm not an expert, but I've put a few sites up over the years and I'm up to a little tweaking.

My question is, is Coppermine the right way to be looking? I've been researching "Portals", "CMS" etc. for a couple of weeks and I'm no closer to knowing what I should use to set this up. It seems like such a simple set of requirements!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Is Coppermine suitable for a simple, secure-ish client interface?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:18:07 pm »

This can all be accomplished using coppermine and some mods, however coppermine doesn't have view permissions by individual user, but only by group, so the drawback of using coppermine for this would be some additional administration work by you: you'd have to create just as many groups as you have users. With a huge number of users (clients), this would be quite some task.
Another option would be not allowing users to register, but setting up their username and password by the admin, then logging in as the individual user and uploading stuff under the context of the user.
This being said, you can use coppermine for your purposes, but you'd have to be willing to do some modifications or hire someone to do those mods for you. If you want to hire someone, post your budget - a moderator will then move this thread accordingly.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 05:18:32 pm »

Would this not be achievable using albums that have different passwords for each client?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 11:51:57 pm »

yes, this would be an option I haven't thought of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.