Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error executing ImageMagick  (Read 4028 times)

bielduranweb

• Coppermine newbie
Error executing ImageMagick
« on: January 28, 2006, 07:16:23 pm »

Hi.

I'm new here and I don't speak english better but I try to explain my error.

I install and creat albums with coppermine and nothing's wrong , I upload .jpg files using FTP , I download ImageMagick and instal in C:/ directory... but when I upload my .jpg in coppermine it apears this "Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127".

In Files and Thumbnails settings I put this :

Method for resizing images                                                      Image Magick
Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility (example /usr/bin/X11/)     C:/ImageMagick/
Command line options for ImageMagick                                    -antialias

I don't know what's wrong 'cause I don't work with this program until today.

Thanks.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Error executing ImageMagick
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 07:28:02 pm »

If you are running your own webserver, I recommend using GD2, since it comes bundled with PHP.  You haven't properly configured your webserver and/or installed ImageMagick correctly.

Just use GD2.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 09:30:46 pm »

ImageMagick is a pretty straightforward install under Windows. However a mistake in the path will cause the error you are getting. ImageMagick by default installs in a folder "ImageMagick-6.2.5-Q16".

Before you give up on ImageMagick, do a search on your c drive for convert.exe, and make sure you have the path right in the cpg config. I'm wondering if you ended up installing in c:/ImageMagick/ImageMagick-6.2.5-Q16.

I speak from experience - I made that mistake myself!
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

bielduranweb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 10:04:40 pm »

I replace the name using ImageMagick in the install proces , so I have the name of "Image Magick" in my  PC. I don't know wha'ts wrong but I think thats is a problem of the config.

Should I reinstall ImageMagick again?

I should try with GD2 but my experience in PHP it's too bad.

Thanks again.

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 12:01:09 am »

Should I reinstall ImageMagick again?

Perhaps you will need to reinstall. You say you have cpg installed on your PC -  what is the path to your cpg install?

I have several copies of cpg installed under EasyPHP on my PC. I had installed ImageMagick in the EasyPHP "www" folder, where the cpgs are installed, and it worked fine. I just tried installing ImageMagick at c:/ImageMagick, and set that path in the config of two of my test installs, and it doesn't work.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 09:56:55 pm »

so I have the name of "Image Magick" in my  PC.
there mustn't be a space in the path to ImageMagick. Has been asked and answered often both on our board and the ImageMagick page. Make sure you have set the permissions accordingly as well. Any reason for not doing as suggested and running GD2? If you must use ImageMagick, uninstall and then re-install it. Then set up permissions accordingly. This board doesn't deal with webserver setup, there are better places to look for help on ImageMagick setup.

Side note: the coppermine dev team strongly discourages self-hosting!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.