Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add: No new file found  (Read 4707 times)

spitefairy

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add: No new file found
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:09:04 pm »

I am very new to coppermine and all things unix related, so I'm probably going to need a very step-by-step walkthrough if you can provide help. 

I have used batch add to upload several galleries and never had a problem, but yesterday when I went to use it I got the message "No New File Found".  I checked the permissions at 777 and 755 and the CHMOD on the folder I was trying to batch add from.  I upload all my folders under gallery>albums and am using WS_FTP, the same FTP I have used for all my other galleries in this account.  The files I'm uploading don't have the same name as any other files in my folders and I've even tried renaming them to obscure numbers and letter combinations. 

I did a search for the problem and all were unsolved except for one that had been solved by the user, and I didn't particularly understand it.  I've followed the troubleshooting the upload process and here is my page: http://www.wornoutfaces.org/amy/gallery/index.php  and there is a registered user with debug turned on with the account: coppermine and pw: help

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Add: No new file found
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 11:27:25 pm »

http uploads work as expected, so something may be wrong with your batch-add setup. Post a deep link to a file that you're trying to batch-add that is meant to show but doesn't.

You're running cpg1.3.2, so you're strongly adviced to upgrade at least to cpg1.3.5

spitefairy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:49:09 am »

http://wornoutfaces.org/amy/gallery/albums/fl/underworld2.jpg

It's sitting in my ftp and when I execute it from there it loads, but is 'forbidden' in my browser. 

Can I upgrade coppermine if I'm just a subdomain and not the main domain admin? 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 01:01:51 am »

if you get a "forbidden" error (403), then you have to change permissions accordingly (ask your webhost if you're not sure). That's not a coppermine issue though, but a webserver setup issue. Another thing that might keep you from accessing the pic might be an .htaccess page that is suppossed to stop hotlinking but isn't set up properly.
Upgrading doesn't depend on the site being on a subdomain or not, however upgrading isn't related (we have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.