Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG ignores users assignment to phpBB groups  (Read 12443 times)

EZ

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: CPG ignores users assignment to phpBB groups
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 12:45:26 pm »

Anyone with problems with the user manager display, try the attached bridge files.

I installed the given files, and the situation has improved but the problem is not entirely solved. Details:

Now users are listed (in CPG) as belonging to the correct (phpBB) group. Also users in groups with permissions for personal galleries, can access the menus for managing their albums. However they still don't get "Upload File" link in their menu! So they can create albums and manage existing files in albums, but they can't upload any new file into their albums.

Only if I give the group permissions for public upload do they get an upload link, however I don't want anyone to upload files into public galleries. So it seems that another piece is missing in the puzzle.

As I've suggested before, if you need full admin access to my site I'll be glad to offer it.

EZ.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 06:33:53 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 12:59:14 pm »

This is a configuration issue unrelated to bridging. You need to enable the option 'Public albums upload' to allow any uploads anywhere anyhow. It is the same as the option 'Can upload files' in cpg 1.3. If you don't want uploads into public albums then you block that in album properties.

scooby1350

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 06:10:55 am »

I tried the new bridge file that you posted and on mine the groups are still not showing up. I have cpg1.4.3 and phpbb 2.0.19

EZ

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 01:53:23 pm »

Nibbler -

Thanks, for the updated bridge files and explanation.
phpBB groups are now recognized by CPG.

Regards,

EZ.

MadMarian

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 07:33:21 pm »

Now finally my bridging works too. Used the very latest bridge files and substituted the function get_users() with the one from Nibblers custom file.

There remains but one problem for me. My phpBB admin has user_id 7 and not 2. I took over the administration from the former admin who is now just a normal user. He has user_id 2 and I have user_id 7. Any way to make the function get_users() work for me? Cause now he is admin in CPG and I am not.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.