Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Newbie questions"  (Read 4957 times)

Aussieroo

• Coppermine newbie
"Newbie questions"
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:21:07 am »

Firstly I apologies in advance if I have this in the wrong forum and if they sound like dumb questions.
I have been running a digital photography forum for some time and recently had it upgraded to our our Domain site.
I have added Coppermine gallery, and love the program and am trying hard to get my head around the admin side of things.
I have a few things I can't do and I am wondering if in fact they are "Do-able" ;)

1: Is it possible to link photos in the gallery in our forum sothey show up in the forum.  The URL link works okay in the forum but the photos don't show up just a link.

2: How do you set up the sub categories so members can post into those. I set some up but they weren't accessable from the members albums.

3: Is it possible to create and add a link on the main page that goes back to our gallery which is the main domain. The gallery is a sub domain?

4: Lastly, as admin. I get a notification email of comments posted to photos but can it be set so the members get the notification so they know someone has left a comment on their photos?

Thank you for your patience, I have looked at FAQ's and through a few of these forums and did a search but haven't been able to find an answer.

Regards
Ralph
ralpnhewman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.dpdforum.com/gallery
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 11:56:40 am by GauGau »
The "Old Newbie" with L plates on

Ralph

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Newbie questions"
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 11:53:39 am »

1) bridging only gives you integration user-management wise, not in terms of visual integration. If you want actual pics to turn up in your forum, get the properties of a pic (right-click, properties) and paste it into your bbs, using bbcode's [ i m g ] tag (without the spaces). There's no closer integration available, but there are mods that can show the properties in a text field for easier copy'n paste.
2) Allow users to upload into public albums (in groups manager), then enable "visitors can upload"  in "album properties". Please refer to the docs for details. Permissions are by album, not by cat.
3) Sure
4) There are mods around that do this afaik. Search the board.

We have a "one question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when signing up. Do so in the future. Marking this thread as "invalid" and locking it. If you need details, start individual threads (but only after having read the docs, the faq and after having searched the board intensively)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Newbie questions"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:21:32 am »

There's another policy we have that says "don't PM supporters", yet you did. I'm not sure what you're refering to - you ask questions on upgrading, although I had the impression you were going to do a fresh install.
Anyway, do as I suggested and post your questions on separate threads. This one stays locked to avoid the board and this thread getting cluttered even more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.