Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album includes pictures from a different album  (Read 3399 times)

ambivalentmaybe

• Coppermine newbie
Album includes pictures from a different album
« on: January 27, 2006, 03:37:43 am »

On my gallery page (http://www.mudfog.org/cpg142/index.php) I recently added via batch upload a new gallery called 'Museum Spree'. Immediately after adding the images to the album, everything displayed correctly, but, after I had added captions to the 'Museum Spree' album I noticed that on the thumbnail view of the album the first 10 images shown are from a pre-existing album, titled 'Things from Outer Space'. And, in the 'Outer Space' album, the thumbnail view includes almost all (but not all) of the images from the 'Museum Spree' album, appended to the end of the gallery. So somehow, the image indexes for the two albums have become confused. The flimstrip views of both albums also include the incorrect pictures, though the album title in the header changes as you advance through the filmstrip. One album--'Botanical Gardens'--should have only 44 images, but in the thumbnail view shows a total of 368 images--324 from other galleries!

I cannot say exactly when this corruption first occurred. I noticed it after adding captions, but it may have happened earlier, after I had rearranged the order of the albums in the 'Album Manager'. Even now, if you view an albums through the 'Edit Files' function in admin mode, you see only those images that are supposed to belong in that album, not the additional images seen in the thumbnail and filmstrip screens.

I had this problem once before with another two albums, and fixed it by deleting both albums and then re-adding the images via batch upload. In that case, however, I had only just begun to enter captions and keywords; in the current situation I would like to be able to fix this problem without deleting anything, because the all images have already been captioned. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 05:06:21 pm by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Album includes pictures from a different album
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 05:44:01 am »

not sure if this cure your issue, but for a start you should upgrade from cpg1.4.2 to the most recent stable version cpg1.4.3

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 07:24:26 am »

I think it has to do with keyworded albums. Did you apply keywords to albums? If you do, photos matching the album's keywords will be included.

ambivalentmaybe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 10:08:02 am »

not sure if this cure your issue, but for a start you should upgrade from cpg1.4.2 to the most recent stable version cpg1.4.3

Okay: hoop jumped through, 1.4.3 installed and running. No effect on album problem.
Also took the opportunity to rename the url, so if anyone cares to take a look, it's now at www.mudfog.org/mudmine/index.php.

ambivalentmaybe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 10:11:00 am »

I think it has to do with keyworded albums. Did you apply keywords to albums? If you do, photos matching the album's keywords will be included.

That was it! Not sure what the problem was, really, as some albums had keywords but only displayed the pictures they were supposed to, while other were completely messed up, but deleting the album keywords solved the problem. Thanks very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.