Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1024 max pic upload  (Read 3982 times)

Fabrian

• Coppermine frequent poster
1024 max pic upload
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:08:35 pm »

Is the 1meg pic upload limit really the max?  I've searched and read some sticky's but I can't seem to find any info on changing the max pic upload past 1meg.

Nibbler

Re: 1024 max pic upload
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 04:27:44 pm »

Look at the config page, you can set the upload limits there. If you mean the quota then you can change that on the groups page.

Fabrian

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 04:56:54 pm »

Under config, the help displayed for "max size for uploaded files" says:

"Max size for uploaded files (KB)
Any file with a file size larger than this value will be rejected by the coppermine script. Setting this option to a higher value than what is actually supported by your webserver will only result in "funny" webserver error messages in lieu of "regular" coppermine error messages. Therefore, it is recommended that you set this value to a size that is slightly lower or equal to the max file size that your server is set to handle. The actual size your server can handle cannot be determined by Coppermine (or any PHP script) - when in doubt, contact your webhost.

Prior to an FTP upload of files, it is recommended that the admin use their imaging software to resize (individually or by batch processing) larger files to a more practical size. This will facilitate the FTP process and the creation of intermediate pictures and thumbnails."

If I change this setting to any other higher number, the upload fails.  I would like to make it possible for uploads to be a max of something higher, say a max of 5 megs.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 04:59:59 pm »

The sky is the limit if you have a webserver config that can handle larger file uploads and a really fast internet upstream connection. You (as Coppermine admin) should use FTP-upload plus batch-add anyway (refer to the docs for details). For details on webserver configuration (what webserver settings may keep you from uploading large pics even if you have increased max values in coppermine's config), refer to the sticky thread on this board.

Fabrian

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 05:01:34 pm »

Ok, Thank you.

globetrotter

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 01:05:47 am »

I've set up a website for people in my school so most likely they know very little about computers or how to resize pictures. If I just set the disc qouta to some really high number it won't really affect anything in a negative way? Since the 1024 qouta is way too small (Less then 2 pictures taken on a 4meg camera) and coppermine would be a really crappy program if it was recommended that you don't go above 1024.

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 01:09:53 am »

Set it to a sensible number based on the amount of disk space you have available and the number of users you are anticipating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.