Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License to use Coppermine  (Read 5305 times)

chikka

• Coppermine newbie
License to use Coppermine
« on: January 27, 2006, 03:39:31 pm »

Hi,
I really love coppermine and have been using it for years.  You guys are doing an excellent job with this program and I think it's one if not one of the best one of it's kind available.

I'm in the process of creating a CMS portal and instead of reinventing the wheel, I wanted to use coppermine as the main photo gallery. 

I have the following question:
- Is it possible to use coppermine for this type of script?
- Is it OK to have coppermine available for download from my site?  Reason for this is that I may only have to use 1 version (the most current) and have it available for people who use my script in case coppermine doesn't have old versions available for downloads anymore.
- There might be some modiifications that needs to be done on the coppermine script (not sure yet), but if at all possible a bridge will be looked at first as an option.  How does a modified script play into this distribution?
- Can I use the script and codes with modifications but give proper credits to the Coppermine team?

Please don't take this questions wrong, I just really like what you've done with Coppermine and it's functionalities.  I really don't want to make any wrong move on this, that's why I'm posting this message here for proper guidance and my script will be for sale.

Thank you in advance,
Chikka

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: License to use Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 04:42:34 pm »

License issues are being covered in the the docs and the license file that comes with coppermine - the license file even contains a link where you can find out more about licensing issues. For your ease of use, here are the corresponding links: Coppermine is being released under GNU GPL, all regulations made for this license are valid for Coppermine as well. All your questions are being answered in the FAQ of the GNU GPL page and the Coppermine FAQ.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.