Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot locate database  (Read 5654 times)

karasu_tengu

• Coppermine newbie
cannot locate database
« on: January 27, 2006, 07:52:45 am »

hello,

I am installing Coppermine for the first time. When I try to install I get an error: "mySQL could not locate a database called 'coppermine' please check the value entered for this"

I created the database, with the admin account so I should have permission, and I've double checked the spelling. I have the correct mySQL username and pass. I don't know what the problem could be. =/

sorry if this topic has been covered before, I searched the board and couldn't find a similar error.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:22:27 pm by Nibbler »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: cannot locate database
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 07:54:43 am »

If you are on shared hosting, your db name is likely prepended with your accountusername_

If not, you need to ask your host for details.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 08:28:30 am »

make sure that the db user has the permissions needed as well, see http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#install_screen_start

karasu_tengu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 09:17:41 am »

thank you,

I did not notice that coppermine can be integrated into my already existing bulliten board. I am currently using a phpBB board. Since it will be refering an already existing board, it should find it. I'll try to do the backup/ integration tomorrow. It's 3:18am here.  :o 

Thanks again for the help.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 04:47:05 pm »

Coppermine is not being integrated into a BBS, it can be integrated with a BBS (we refer to this as bridging). Call me picky, but I just wanted to make sure that you's not going to install coppermine into a sub-folder of your BBS. It's recommended that you install it into a separate folder (name it "gallery" or "photos" or whatever) in your webroot, using the same database your BBS uses (Coppermine has a table prefix that differs from your BBS, so it's safe to do this). Install as suggested in the docs, make sure everything works as expected - only then you start considering bridging. Please read the docs carefully.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 07:53:05 pm by GauGau »

karasu_tengu

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:33:30 am »

TranzNDance was right, my DB do have a prefix of my account username. I thought it would be something simple I was overlooking. Case solved! Thanks again for all the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.