Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot change Album's Group  (Read 3776 times)

stoggers

• Coppermine newbie
Cannot change Album's Group
« on: January 26, 2006, 04:26:28 pm »

When I attempt to commit changes to the Album's group the dialogue responds with 'No Update Needed'.

As a temporary fix, does anyone know how to edit the table to alter the group? ???
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 05:00:35 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Cannot change Album's Group
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 06:30:49 pm »

as a workaround, try adding a space to the description field and then try submitting. Post a link to your site.

stoggers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:29:14 pm »

I edited the Albums table and changed the visibility column to 5 and this assigned the correct group.

It would appear that the dialogue to amend Album properties does not update the group as changing other fields (ie description) did not trigger the group to be updated.

Unfortunately I cannot allow access as it is behind a firewall until I find a suitable host.

stoggers

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 10:07:27 am »

Mea Culpa....

Note: when setting an album password, the permission dropdown field "Album can be viewed by" will be switched automatically to "me only" - this is expected behaviour. If you change the "Album can be viewed by" to another selection, you must disable the album password as well.

RTFM....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 05:01:52 pm »

Thanks for returning and resolving your thread. It takes guts to confess that it was you who did something wrong, we appreciate this. I wish all users returned to their posting after resolving their issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.