Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPB 2.0.0 Integration Login Issue  (Read 3787 times)

urmomma

• Coppermine novice
    • GlitchSeekers
IPB 2.0.0 Integration Login Issue
« on: February 20, 2006, 09:26:14 am »

Well, I recently decided to upgrade the Image Gallery to the latest version and I'm very pleased with it, except I'm having a problem logging in. Here is my information:

Install Information:
Coppermine install: http://www.glitchseekers.com/image_gallery/index.php
Forum install: http://www.glitchseekers.com/forums/index.php
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.3
Forum version: Invision Power Board 2.0.0
Test user account: coppermine / test2

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.glitchseekers.com/forums
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forums/
Use post-based groups?:  1

Simply, this is the issue. When it is bridged, if I login to the forum and click a link to the Image Gallery, it doesn't recognize I'm logged in. So if I click the "login" link on the Image Gallery it takes me to the forum, which recognizes I'm logged in. If I disable the bridging, I can personally login with coppermine stand-alone username/password fine and have access to everything.

Tried so far:
1) First, I thought it was cookie related issue (happened when I first installed it), so I checked my cookie setup and on IPB, I had a prefix of ibf_, so since that wasn't working and since I read somewhere in this forum that there shouldn't be a prefix I removed it, but still the problem persists.

Things I noticed:
1) When I enable bridging, after the information edits, I'm still logged in, but once I click a link, I'm logged out.

Possibility:
1) Before I upgraded, I tried to bridge coppermine with IPB and it didn't work. Then I found a mod/hack online, quite popular, and used it and it worked. Perhaps it has something to do with that? I highly doubt it though.

Currently, I have the bridging enabled. I will continue to ponder on what it could be...as this is rather an interesting issue.

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 04:25:07 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: IPB 2.0.0 Integration Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 01:47:10 pm »

Indeed, cookie prefixes are not supported. You should remove your current prefix of ipf_

urmomma

• Coppermine novice
    • GlitchSeekers
Re: IPB 2.0.0 Integration Login Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 04:16:32 pm »

The issue has been solved.

This is very strange. I removed the "ibf_" (cookie prefix) in the admin control panel and left it blank and updated it. Today, I went and checked it after you posted it and I realized that the cookies still had a prefix of "ibf_" which seems impossible, because last night I removed it.

Anyway, it turns out, that if you leave it blank, it will put the value you removed! So for anyone having problems with integratins with IPB, my solution was to put: {blank} as the cookie prefix. Now it works fine.

Thanks again for all your support. I was wondering why this wouldn't work...and it turned out I can't leave a blank as the cookie prefix...I have to specify a blank. Now I get to have fun and expirment with the new version of Coppermine! I'm exicted ^_^
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.