Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't login...  (Read 4206 times)

drummerkid08

• Coppermine novice
can't login...
« on: January 25, 2006, 02:45:06 pm »

I apologize if this is in the wrong area.  I just finished re-upgrading my coppermine.  Last night after I got everything to work, I logged in as Admin and everything was great.  This morning when I brought up my gallery, it lets me login, and it gets to the page that says "Welcome Admin" and then it redirects me back to the page that says "gallery offline."  My gallery is offline for maintenance but it's always let me in if I'm admin.  Is there anyway to fix this?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 07:39:12 pm by Paver »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: can't login...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 05:39:28 pm »

A quick shot in the dark: check again your login and make sure you refresh the page or empty your browser's cache & cookies and try again.

drummerkid08

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 06:51:28 pm »

i think that worked.  thanks so much...I never though it'd be as simple as that.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 07:37:46 pm »

Sometimes browsers do silly things.  There's usually a setting somewhere to obviate the need for doing a clear & refresh each time, but doing a clear & refresh when in doubt is quite handy.  Just as in an OS, when all else fails, reboot!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 08:35:14 am »

side-note (often does the trick for me): you can do a force refresh of the current page in a browser by holding down the [Ctrl] key and then doing the refresh (usually [F5]). As Paver suggested: when in doubt, reload the page doing a force refresh ([Ctrl]+[F5]). If this doesn't help, clear your cookies in your browser. To avoid your user being stuck with the same issue, go into coppermine's config  after successfully force-refreshing and rename your cookie (this is similar to deleting the cookie on your user's machines).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.