Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recieving this error when going to index.php after install  (Read 3838 times)

wleguy

• Coppermine newbie
Recieving this error when going to index.php after install
« on: December 19, 2003, 12:17:42 am »

I am recieving this error loading the index.php

Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

Any help would be appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 10:10:07 am »

this usually means that the database hasn't been created properly. Use a tool like phpMyAdmin to browse your database, look for the table cpg11d_config (prefix may be different, depending on which one you chose during install) and change the entry "debug_mode" - change the value from "0" to "1" and hit save. Then browse coppermine again (http://yoursite.com/coppermine/) and have a look at the debug info that should show underneath the output of the error message. Copy-and-paste it, post it here (plus a link to your site)

GauGau

YourLocalNerd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 03:01:42 am »

I have this very same problem, I have followed the above directions and this is what it came up with.

Fatal error :

There was an error while processing a database query.

While executing query "SELECT id as user_id, name as user_name, mgroup FROM `ivasion`.ibf_members WHERE id='0' AND password='*'" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'ivasion.ibf_members' doesn't exist

I think the problem is this, but I want to check here first.  My database name is "invasion" not "ivasion" as stated in the error.  I have installed mulitiple times, and this error occurs every time.  But I dont know how to change the database name and keep all my board settings.  Thanks for any assistance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 09:22:35 am »

I don't get the point - what's the point with the ibf_ stuff? Are you trying to use your invision board user table with coppermine? Try a clean install without mofidyfing the prefix (and delete all mySQL tables that belong to versions that are not working before).

GauGau

YourLocalNerd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 11:07:57 pm »

Thanks for your reply  :D

I did 3 clean installs.  And in none of them did I change the prefix.  After I posted here I tried a clean install of both invasion board and coppermine on a different machine and came up with the same result.  And with each install I deleted the relevant tables and/or database.  However I tried a fresh install of both inv. board and coppermine but this time I used the database name that coppermine was substituting in the original installs, and it worked  :D  :D
Smooth sailing so far.  Although I am curious as to why it was removing the "n" from the database name "invasion"...but no matter, I am now happy.  Thanks guys for the great product!  Cheers

specs:
latest vs of coppermine (d/l 3 days ago)
Invasion Power Board 1.3 final
Apache 2.0.48
MySQL 4.0.16
PHP 4.3.4
WinXP Pro

The site is still very much under construction (hence the fact it is still running at my house instead of off a hosted server) but feel free to pop on by if you wish.

http://www.famspeak.gotdns.com

mgurry

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 02:19:56 am »

Hi, I am having this same exact problem. I've noticed a pattern. Here is what I get from debug mode:

Code: [Select]
While executing query "SELECT (ug.group_id + 5) as group_id FROM `detmusic_MySQL`.phpbb_user_group as ug LEFT JOIN `detmusic_MySQL`.phpbb_groups as g ON ug.group_id = g.group_id WHERE user_id = 2 AND user_pending = 0 AND group_single_user = 0" on 0

mySQL error: Access denied for user: 'detmusicgallery@localhost' to database 'detmusic_mysql'

The last user who posted here said that the code was calling for the wrong database name. That is the same problem I see with my code above. My database name is not detmusic_MySQL. It is detmusicgallery_MySQL. I have done several fresh installs with the same problem every time. Is there some problem with coppermine reading the database name correctly? What do I have to do to fix this? Thanks for your help.

Mike

dale

• Coppermine novice
    • http://club.storm-riders.org
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 10:37:30 am »

Thanks for the help. didnt even have to ask.

I had a similar problem and after reading this post was able to get into debug mode (table ibf_members does not exist) and found that I needed to change my invisionboard.inc.php (bridge file) so that it used the correct prefix. My board uses no prefix.

By default the (coppermine) invisionboard.inc.php file is set to a prefix of "ibf_ ", but the latest Invision forum (1.3) has "no" prefix by default.

be sure to double check your prefix.

Hope that helps  :)
Im not a complete idiot... Some parts are missing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.